Vasque Trek II

These are old boots! I bought them about 5 years ago…

Materials: Leather
Use: extended heavy backpacking
Break-in Period: ~150 miles
Weight: ~3.5 lbs

These are old boots! I bought them about 5 years ago and I'm not even certain if Vasque makes them anymore. However, I did try on about 10 different pairs of boots at the time including Raichles (Montgnas), Asolos, Danners, and Timberlands and these were the only pair that felt secure on my long (size 11) skinny (A-B) feet! They felt great during the initial break-in period, wearing them to work and on approaches to climbs involving scree scrambling. However, on my first real backpacking trip (12 miler in Superstition Wilderness, AZ...very rocky!) I got blisters on both heels. I wore them again on some light day hikes and climbing trips in an effort to break them in only to run into the same blister situation on my next backpacking trip (20+ miles in the Chirachauas). By my third trip I had gotten a bit wiser and started packing extra moleskin in anticipation of the dread heel blisters. The blisters have somewhat abaited, but I don't know if it's the boots that have finally broken in, or my feet!

If you've owned or used a Vasque Trek II, please share your experience.

Vasque Trek II

The Trek II has been discontinued.

The Vasque Trek II is not available from the stores we monitor.