VauDe Brenta 26

Weight 1100 g
Capacity 26 L
Dimensions 46 cm x 28 cm x 16 cm

I've used this pack on several day hikes now. I was…

Design: daypack
Number of Pockets: 3 + 2 water bottle pockets
Height of Owner: 5'9"

I've used this pack on several day hikes now. I was skeptical as I wasn't familiar with the brand but so far it is a decent pack. I like the mesh-panel and the adjusting arch system so you can flatten if needed. The top of the shoulder straps are narrow. I'm 5'9", 160lbs and had to adjust the straps to "large" for them to be comfortable. The straps themselves are comfortable. The waist belt is mostly webbing.

The pack has enough room for a few water bottles, jacket, fleece snacks, climbing harness, shoes, and some odds and ends. The mesh water bottle pockets expand cleverly to fit a 1 litre Nalgene bottle. It is styled so that it looks like it has a bottom compartment but that is really just an outside pocket. It is hydration compatible.

The "seat pad" and compass/whistle it comes with are just gimmicks. Just trash the seatpad. The built rain cover is nice but I haven't tried it in rain yet.

Overall--it is what I need for some day hikes to the crags. No huge complaints. Price was right, comfortable after adjustments and it ventilates really well.

Visit VauDe's Brenta 26 page.

CLOSEOUTS . Compact, streamlined and supportive, load up Vaude's Brenta 26 backpack on a technical day hike and enjoy the ventilation control of the Aeroflex Easy Adjust suspension system, a top-loading design and a comfortably padded waistbelt. Available Colors: SAFFRON.

- Sierra Trading Post

Before you head out the door to hike Sunset Peak, grab the Vaude Brenta 26 Backpack. The comfortable Aeroflex back panel allows for easy air-circulation which keeps your back cool and dry in the hot summer heat.

- Backcountry Outlet

VauDe Brenta 26

The VauDe Brenta 26 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 5, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.