VauDe Snow Cloud 800

Not overly thrilled. Will need to get a thicker liner…

Summary

Not overly thrilled. Will need to get a thicker liner and/or outer cover to get this bag to the rating they claim. Still, I think it will be just fine for "fair weather" use.

Pros

• SUPER soft and lots of closure options

Cons

• Not as warm as rated
  • Wind blows right through it
  • Fabric not as dirt resistant as I would like

Took this bag snowcamping 2 nights and slept in a hut a 3rd night. I used a silk liner, wore long underwear and had some other warming trix. The air blew straight through! Had to use my emergency blanket on the outside for the snow camping.  In the hut: not grand either. Still felt it did not hold my body heat at all.

I've had other bags that I stretched for the 4th season with little effort. I think I will keep this only for fair weather camping and invest in a good cold weather bag. Got it on Clymb.com for a holiday present. Was so psyched — until I used it.  Oh well.

If you've owned or used a VauDe Snow Cloud 800, please share your experience.

VauDe Snow Cloud 800

The VauDe Snow Cloud 800 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 11, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 1350 g