Vibram FiveFingers Komodo Sport LS

First pair of Vibrams I've ever owned, and I'll be…

Summary

First pair of Vibrams I've ever owned, and I'll be a customer for life.

Pros

• Very comfortable
  • Easy to get on and off
  • Bottom tread gives great traction
  • Get for outdoors
  • Can go swimming in them
  • Machine washable

Cons

• Make your feet stink
  • Extremely hard to put on the first 3 or 4 times
  • Girlfriend thinks they're ugly

Hands down my favorite pair of shoes I've ever had. I love wearing them in the spring and summer where I can use them for camping, hiking, swimming in lakes or rivers, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. ANYTHING outdoors! And then in the fall and winter I wear them at the gym on the treadmill and while I work out (I live in Manitoba Canada).

They fit great once they take the shape of your feet but for the first week you will think they are a full size too small but once you wear them in they feel great. I heard that some people experienced sore feet while getting used to them but I never had discomfort.

Wearing the FiveFinger shoes makes you feel like your bare feet but the shoe protects from the earth's terrain. Since they are super light they are great for swimming and they dry easily from the heat of the sun! They would make good water shoes for those people who hate feeling seaweed against their feet or if you have a rocky beach.

Traction is amazing, they are are my number one choice of footwear for whenever I go for a hike or even if it's just a nice day out. And I'm sure this is obvious but there is no water resistance. I also find that my feet do get a little hot but nothing too bad.

My friend's Vibrams are the Velcro ones and mine are the elastic and I think that I will stay with the elastic. I prefer it because tightens the shoe to your foot better and is quick and easy to adjust. I have been wearing them for about a year and a half now and they have been holding up great, I can see them lasting for at least a couple more years.

One last great thing about them is that you can throw them in the washing machine, but I would recommend just letting them air dry. I would recommend these shoes for any outdoors person or anyone who wants a comfortable pair of summer shoes.

Nice review. I've tried them in the store, and they just aren't my thing. But I know people who will wear them as regularly as I wear my Birkenstock Sandals.

MaloYaker

Thanks! I'm gonna check out those Birkenstock Sandals!

For running and gym workouts, the men's Vibram FiveFingers KMD Sport LS Shoes offer a natural barefoot feel, and they have a quick-lace setup that accommodates wide feet and high insteps.

With a popular speed lacing system to accommodate wider feet and higher insteps, the FiveFingers KMD Sport LS features an aggressive multisport design for the active fitness enthusiast.

- EMS

The newest addition to the Vibram FiveFingers fitness line, the KMD Sport LS, offers all of the benefits of the KMD Sport with our popular speed lacing system to accommodate wider feet and higher insteps. The stitch-free, seamless 2mm footbed reduces friction and the Vibram TC1 performance rubber outsole provides the grip and protection you need for a variety of cross training activities.

- CampSaver.com

CLICK HERE FOR VIBRAM SIZING VIDEO Important sizing info, please read BEFORE ordering.If you look closely at the Vibram FiveFingers size chart, you will notice that the numbers printed across the top of the chart refer to your foot's length in inches, NOT US size. Vibram found that, due to the precise nature of the FiveFingers fit, the most accurate size translation was in inches, not US shoe size (which varies across brands and styles). ***Please measure both feet from heel to longest toe with a ruler in inches and refer to the size chart next to the size pull-down menu for the right size***Vibram FiveFingers has raised the intensity with the KomodoSport LS. This versatile multisport inherits the best features of the FiveFingers KSO with functional improvements that appeal to the most active fitness enthusiast like the speed lacing system to accommodate for wider feed and higher insteps. For the first time ever, Vibram introduces a stitch-free, seamless 2mm footbed to reduce friction. Heel and instep hook-and-loop closures help secure the stretch nylon upper to the contours of the foot - just like a second skin. The KomodoSport LS wouldn't be complete without the 4mm Vibram TC-1 performance rubber outsole which provides the grip and protection you need for a variety of cross-training activities. Stretch mesh and polyamide upper. 3mm PU and Coolmax footbed. Individual toe pockets separate and strengthen toes, improving balance, agility, and range of motion. EVA arch follows the contours of the foot and reduces weight. 4mm Vibram TC-1 performance rubber outsole for grip and protection without compromising ground feel. Machine washable, air dry. Weight: 14.2 oz. (pair)

- Campmor