Victorinox Swiss Army Altimeter

I bought this from REI outlet via post to top up an…

I bought this from REI outlet via post to top up an order to just under $200. They ship to Canada by set fee in $100 increments ($20/ under $100, $30/ under $200).

I paste the review I made there.

<quote>

OK.
I wrote a review having seen it as it arrived via the post unopened.
I don't know if it will pass the screeners. I didn't use expletives,
But should have.
I have opened it now, and tried out the altimeter/thermometer...
There is no saw, as pictured on the site, which is my biggest gripe.
And just so you know, you have to reset manually the altimeter every day from a known location's height for this to work.
I raised it in the air, and the altitude indicated dropped, for some reason... (maybe a hurricane is in the wind...)
The thermometer is slow to react, and being something generally pocketed, I doubt its usefulness...
You can get three Economy Huntsmen for the sale price of this thing.
It, at least, has a saw, and everything else except the mini flathead that winds on the corkscrew, (get it at a local knife shop) and forget the gimmicky digital add on.
I would have lived with this if it had the pictured saw.
It does not.

<end quote>

If you've owned or used a Victorinox Swiss Army Altimeter, please share your experience.

Victorinox Swiss Army Altimeter

The Altimeter has been discontinued.

The Victorinox Swiss Army Altimeter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new multi-tool, check out the best reviewed current models.