Victorinox Swiss Army Climber

This knife has everything I need and nothing I don't.

Summary

This knife has everything I need and nothing I don't. It's all combined in a nice every day carry that weighs less than 3 oz.

Pros

• weight
  • construction
  • usefulness

Cons

• size might be too big for some

I've carried this for several weeks now and I've used every tool on this well constructed, handsome knife.

Before the market was flooded with overpriced multi…

Price Paid: £20 I think?

Before the market was flooded with overpriced multi tools, this bargain priced little masterpiece was what most folk took to the hills with them. It is made with the precision of a Swiss watch and everything works brilliantly.

The tin opener works like lightning, the bottle opener is spot on, and the corkscrew will open your bottle of wine in a jiffy. With two screwdrivers, large and small, two blades, large and small, reamer, corkscrew, scissors, toothpick and tweezers, what else do you need?

I could never figure out the parcel carrying hook, and it has no pliers, but it can be so much smaller, lighter and more compact without them, I can live with this. I hardly ever need pliers on the hill anyway.

The best thing about the Swiss army knives is that there are literally dozens of models for every purpose. I have owned, both Victorinox and Wenger SAKs and consider Victorinox to be marginally superior, being slightly more solidly made and hardening their steel a couple of points higher on the rockwell scale.

If you've owned or used a Victorinox Swiss Army Climber, please share your experience.