Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit X

There's no question regarding versatility and quality…

Price Paid: 5000.00 pesos

There's no question regarding versatility and quality when it comes to Victorinox products. The only drawback is in the form.

The item that I bought is the Swisstool Spirit, the main blade looks like an elegant butter knife. It is more stylish if all Spirits all have drop point straight or serrated blades.

The other point of contention is in the design of the scissors. The usual pair of scissors fitted in most Victorinox SAKs is simple but user friendly, unlike the ones in Spirits (C,X,etc). It takes simple engineering to bend the scissor handles to conform with the handle shape of the multitool. I surely hope Victorinox would improve on these lapses.

It is a very well built multi-tool as should be expected…

It is a very well built multi-tool as should be expected from a Victorinox product. I bought it to replace an aging Victorinox Swiss Champ. It is perfect and exactly what I expected, fits well in the hand, plier action very smooth, blades and tools all top quality... Except it weighs almost exactly what the old knife weighs.

That would be acceptable except I was searching diligently for a lighter tool. The ads I read said it weighed 5.75 ounces. It really weighs 7.25 ounces. May not seem like much but when you are cutting labels off clothes and equipment to save ounces it is.

Anyway, very good multi-tool, relatively light, but I wish it were a couple of ounces lighter.

Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit X

The Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit X is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 18, 2014 at Mountains Plus.

If you're looking for a new multi-tool, check out the best reviewed current models.