Walrus Arch Rival

I recently purchased as a result of tests done by…

Design: 3 Season Hoop
Ease of Setup: Very Easy
Weight: 5 lbs.

I recently purchased as a result of tests done by Backpacker Magazine. I am sort of disappointed with length. The stats say 8'-10" but it feels much smaller. I am 6'-4" and used to wake up in my now-sold-to-a-friend Kelty Vortex 2 with condensation all over my sleeping bag. I found that I would press the tent body against the fly as I shifted in my sleep. Now that I have the Arch Rival this is no longer a problem. The fly is a good 6-8 inches away from the tent. I have yet to get wet or even wake up in th stormiest of nights. I would very much recommend the Arch Rival to taller hikers. I still am wondering if it was worth the extra expense to buy the mesh version instead of the solid.

Request: Does anyone out there happen to have a copy…

Design: 3-Season, Non free-standing, Hoop
Ease of Setup: Easy
Weight: 4.75 lbs.

Request: Does anyone out there happen to have a copy of the Assembly-Care brochure, which came with the Walrus Arch Rival X-V? Mine got soaked and dissolved!

If so, could you please email me a copy at joneal10000@gmail.com? Also, does anyone know whether this tent has -- with the help of a couple of straps-with-buckles -- a "fly-only" set up option?

Thanks much!

Buy it for the mesh top. Wonderfully cool in the warmer…

Design: 3 season hooped
Ease of Setup: Almost brainless
Weight: ~4lbs

Buy it for the mesh top. Wonderfully cool in the warmer seasons. Condensation almost nil in the cold. Easily fits two and gear. Vestibule large enough to cook in when raining. If it was bigger it would be better though.

The one thing I dislike is that you cannot really sit up in this tent. However it's light and I've used it for numerous solo trips.

If you've owned or used a Walrus Arch Rival, please share your experience.

Walrus Arch Rival

The Walrus Arch Rival is not available from the stores we monitor.