Walrus Armadillio Posada

This is a very good 3- or 4-person tent that can stay…

Design: three season
Ease of Setup: Easy - After the poles are attached to the tent base.
Weight: 17 lbs 13 oz

This is a very good 3- or 4-person tent that can stay dry! Used it in NC mountains during a 5-day, non-stop downpour and the sleeping quarters were bone dry with no condensation. The rain fly covers about 40 percent of the screened-in porch floor area. We kept our gear on the porch, but rain drops tend to hit the no-see-um and turn into millions of tiny water droplets that come in at a 45 degree angle. Although our gear was not directly in the rain it did get fairly wet. With some garbage bags the porch is usable as a good place to store LOTS of gear.

Walrus says you can erect this tent with one person but my wife and I are 0 for 3 in our attempts. Once you get the poles (very strong) attached to the tent base the rest is a piece of cake. The center hangers are a bit tricky to attach without stepping on and stretching the tent a bit. The zippers worked flawlessly and overall the fit and finish of this tent is first rate. Unlike the previous reviewer our rain-fly fit very well and kept the tent very dry. A queen and twin air mattress pretty much fill up the sleeping quarters. Three twin mattreses are a bit tight and press on the outside of the tent body.

Congrats to Walrus on providing a storage bag that is big enough to hold everything without having to pack the tent with factory precision. The best thing about this tent is you can put it up and forget it--it does its job very well.

I used this tent for over ten years with no problems.

Design: Three season - 2 room - free standing
Ease of Setup: One person can set up - but less difficult with two .

I used this tent for over ten years with no problems. Then, last year - near Moab, Utah - a series of strong winds bent several poles. The problem was the screen room at the front of the tent, it acted as a wind scoop and created a great deal of stress on the poles. The tent fabric was not harmed.

Now, I am unable to find a company who can replace or repair the damaged poles. I should have taken the tent down, but it had been through strong winds, on the Eastern Colorado Plains, so I thought it would be all right!

Overall, I think the Armadillo line of tents are great and I am sorry they are no longer manufactured.

If you've owned or used a Walrus Armadillio Posada, please share your experience.

Walrus Armadillio Posada

The Walrus Armadillio Posada is not available from the stores we monitor.