Walrus Two Star

After using the Walrus for a few trips I had a seam…

Design: 3 season
Ease of Setup: fairly easy - sleeve systems

After using the Walrus for a few trips I had a seam rip. It was due to the tent body being too small for the poles thus placing too much pressure on the seam. I sent it in and Walrus restitched the seam and shortened the poles. While it was in for service I bought a new rainfly. My old rainfly didn't have a hooped vestibule and, thus, was very cramped. The redesigned fly has a hoop and a much larger vestibule.

My current problems are that the repair on the body fixed the ripped seam, but the tent is slightly smaller then the typical tent. The seam ripped because the tent body was small when I bought the tent. The result is that the fly doesn't fit well. I have a knot in the fabric near one of the clips to help reduce the fly size, but the fly still flaps like mad in windy conditions. There is no way to guy out the fly to stop this. (My TNF tent was much better.)

On the plus side the tent has kept me dry and there is good ventilation. The problems with the size tolerances are very annoying. I cannot recommend the Walrus brand.

I purchased this tent for backpacking and due to the…

Design: 3 season, 3 pole
Ease of Setup: fair. One person can set up, but practice before your trip, in case your in a hurry
Weight: 7lbs

I purchased this tent for backpacking and due to the very solid reputation of the Walrus brand. I found this tent to be very confortable, and fairly easy to set up. It has a small vestibule, 6sq ft. The tent itself is roomy enough for two people, or one person and a dog. It handles winds and bad weather with ease. I have been very happy with this tent, and I am a Walrus convert. I do recomend the groundcloth however, to minimize moisture getting through the floor of the tent.

I got this tent on sale from Campmor. Very good buy.

Design: 3 season dome
Ease of Setup: Very easy to set up

I got this tent on sale from Campmor. Very good buy. Easy to set up, waterproof, and had no problems in high winds of summer thunderstorms. Ventilation is poor with the full coverage fly on (it was not good on very hot and humid nights). Overall, a great buy for the price, and knowing your tent won't blow away in high winds adds a lot of security. Also comes with aluminum poles.

If you've owned or used a Walrus Two Star, please share your experience.

Walrus Two Star

The Walrus Two Star is not available from the stores we monitor.