Warmers 2mm Sandal Sock with Fleece Lining

I used the socks for stand up paddleboarding in colder…

Summary

I used the socks for stand up paddleboarding in colder weather. They felt like I was wearing socks and the traction on the board was good. They are not as warm as a water shoe but they provide a better feel for the board.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Good feel for the board
  • Does not hold water
  • Light

Cons

• If used alone, not warm enough for really cold conditions.
  • No arch or structural support for the foot—but it's a sock—no surprise

I bought a large from REI for my size 10.5 women's feet. This is my first winter with SUP and want my feet to stay warm and add a little cushion.

The socks worked well. My feet stayed warm but it may have been an issue if it were really cold. It was about 50 degrees when I started out. It gives a much better feel for the board than Kicker Remix water shoes I tried first and does not hold water. My toes did get the numbness that they usually get when barefoot but did not get with the shoes.  I do have some arch and foot issues, so no big surprise.

I certainly will keep using them but will keep looking for something with a little support for longer paddles but not as heavy as the shoes.