Price Paid: $130
Very happy with this bag and have been using it for several years. Still no holes or leaks.
- Rugged carrying handles, very strong and although always better to pick up with both handles I have picked up by just one and the reinforcing is holding, though one day it will probably give out.
- Also has a shoulder strap that I usually don't use so as to save weight and reduce gear, but the Shoulder Strap is very good and does work well. The bag usually flips upside down when using the shoulder strap, no problem just make sure it is closed.
- Several hard lash points, love these for tying the bag down and or tying/clipping things to it.
- Multiple compression straps, has two compression straps across at the location of the handles and then also an end clip at each end. The bag locks down very well.
- Waterproof, when the ziplock type closure is sealed the bag is watertight. Lock it down with compression straps and end clips and it is a great life float (airtight). Keeps air in. I often use this bag as my bear bag while camping. Anything that has food associated goes in this bag and hoisted when not in use.
- Material, not bullet proof but surprisingly durable, have been using, boating, hiking, dirt bike riding, traveling.
- Dry seal, make sure that you lube the seal before taking on trip. Silicon (non oil based) or similar works very well. A little lube goes a long way. If it is dry it is harder to close or open.
- Name tag, if Watershed could add a name tag slot in it that would be great.
- Shoulder Strap bag rotation. a couple of times I have wanted to access the bag while carrying it on my shoulder. Not so easy as the bag rotates to upside down when carried with shoulder strap. It would be good if Watershed would relocate the attachment points for the shoulder strap.
Have you owned or used a Watershed Yukon? Write a review »