Very happy with this bag and have been using it for…
Price Paid: $130
Very happy with this bag and have been using it for several years. Still no holes or leaks.
- Rugged carrying handles, very strong and although always better to pick up with both handles I have picked up by just one and the reinforcing is holding, though one day it will probably give out.
- Also has a shoulder strap that I usually don't use so as to save weight and reduce gear, but the Shoulder Strap is very good and does work well. The bag usually flips upside down when using the shoulder strap, no problem just make sure it is closed.
- Several hard lash points, love these for tying the bag down and or tying/clipping things to it.
- Multiple compression straps, has two compression straps across at the location of the handles and then also an end clip at each end. The bag locks down very well.
- Waterproof, when the ziplock type closure is sealed the bag is watertight. Lock it down with compression straps and end clips and it is a great life float (airtight). Keeps air in. I often use this bag as my bear bag while camping. Anything that has food associated goes in this bag and hoisted when not in use.
- Material, not bullet proof but surprisingly durable, have been using, boating, hiking, dirt bike riding, traveling.
- Dry seal, make sure that you lube the seal before taking on trip. Silicon (non oil based) or similar works very well. A little lube goes a long way. If it is dry it is harder to close or open.
- Name tag, if Watershed could add a name tag slot in it that would be great.
- Shoulder Strap bag rotation. a couple of times I have wanted to access the bag while carrying it on my shoulder. Not so easy as the bag rotates to upside down when carried with shoulder strap. It would be good if Watershed would relocate the attachment points for the shoulder strap.
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
Tough enough to pack over mountain passes and the Arctic barrens, the Watershed Yukon is one dry bag that won't succumb to exposure to the elements.Keep your gear dry even when submerged! Easy-to-use ZipDry(R) Seal presses shut like a freezer bag.420 denier Cordura nylon ripstop with a heavy matte polyurethane finish for abrasion resistance and overall strength.All seams are RF welded and guaranteed to be free of leaks.Even the smallest details are top quality: Duraflex(TM) side-release buckles and D-rings are combined with extreme-duty nylon webbing.Wide mouth for easy access.If you transport fragile equipment in your duffel, a liner is a must: constructed of a 200 denier nylon outer shell, minicell foam cushioning, and an interior fleece lining, will reliably protect your gear.Size: 14" x 27" x 13", 4200 cu. In., 70 liters.To ensure you receive the best continued performance from your ZipDry Seal, Watershed recommends periodic lubrication with a non-petroleum based product such as 303 UV Protectant, Armor-All or Burt's Bees hand salve.
Watershed Yukon Dry Duffel Bag This lightweight Watershed Yukon Dry Duffel Bag lets you bring everything you need for an extreme outdoor experience. The choice of materials used in this duffel bag provides superb protection for your belongings as you enjoy a 2 to 5-day river expedition or a trip to the woods. It perfectly holds your sleeping bag, tent, and other camping gear. This bag is built with double polyurethane coated 840-Denier Nylon and abrasion-resistant Polyurethane, fabrics that provide extreme weather protection. It is very easy to carry, thanks to its rugged nylon webbing handle which ensures a firm grip. Its Duraflex squeeze buckles and D-rings are added features to place and secure small items. The bag is water-resistant, since it features zip dry closure that seals it and keeps moisture out with an airtight, waterproof seal. It can even be submerged, thanks to its depth rated to 300'. With its Radio frequency (RF) welded seams, this Watershed Yukon Dry Duffel Bag is the ideal duffel bag for you.
Whether it's a week-long rafting trip or a month-long motorcycle adventure through British Columbia, your lifestyle requires a gear bag that doesn't just keep your extra clothes, food, and personal items dry, but also won't show signs of wear after a few weeks abuse. The hefty capacity and watertight seals of Watershed Yukon Dry Bag meets your needs ... and then some.
Watershed Yukon Kayak Drybag - The Yukon Kayak Drybag by Watershed is the ideal size bag for 2-5 day river expeditions. From raft guides to divers, people look to Watershed for superior dry protection. Overcoming the common shortfalls of drybags, they've invented the ultimate waterproof luggage. First and most obvious was the closure. The patented ZipDry seal is similar to a heavy-duty freezer bags zipper. It locks shut, keeping out moisture with an airtight, waterproof seal, even when submerged and under pressure. The lengthwise opening also allows access to everything at once. Next, the polyurethane-coated 420-denier nylon pack cloth fabric offers 5 times the abrasion resistance of PVC, stays flexible in cold weather, is UV-stable, and more environmentally friendly. Radio-frequency welding bonds the multiple layers of fabric into a single piece of material, eliminating leaks. Finally, they worked out the small details that separate great gear from mediocre. Extreme-duty nylon webbing lash points and compression straps, Duraflex side-release buckles secure your goods, no matter what happens. Through intensive quality assurance, including prolonged inflation testing, Watershed produces truly waterproof bags that are guaranteed to be free of leaks. Whether you are storing a sleeping bag, tent or some gear, you will not be disappointed with the Yukon Kayak Drybag by Watershed.
The Watershed Yukon Dry Duffel, with its ZipDry Seal and tough fabric shell, is one dry bag that won't succumb to exposure to the elements.