Total weight 2.2 kg
Pack size 48 c 14 cm

4,5+ ***** Not the lightest of its kind, but an adorable…

Design: 4-season non-freestanding
Ease of Setup: easy-easy
Weight: 2,280 kg (5 lbs)
Price Paid: about 200 euro

4,5+ *****

Not the lightest of its kind, but an adorable shelter.

I didn't try it in winter, but at the end of September high in the mountains, it was still warm inside at night.

The Wechsel Pathfinder TL (Travel Line) I chose because of its high water column (7000mm), although the Zero Line must be extremely sweet because of its lightweight design.

It is designed as a one-person tent. It has a small packsize. Once set up all my stuff fits comfortably in it. At night my boots can stay stored under the small front wing. I can imagine that in need a second person can find shelter in it, if you don't have too much baggage with you and you sleep into each others arms.

It is long, but sitting upright is not easy as it is only 75 cm (2.46ft) high at its highest vertical point.

It stands firm as a rock, and even in an upcoming storm, the flysheet did not flutter.

I sew a few more small loops inside to hang up some gear (f.i. a flashlight).

The Wechsel tent has only one entrance, but that's ok. If you love musquito-free stargazing at night, you won't regret having bought this tent.

What attracts me in it is undeniably its safe feeling once inside.