Wenger Swiss Army Anchorage Mid

Fine, comfortable, durable, waterproof mid hiking…

Summary

Fine, comfortable, durable, waterproof mid hiking boots that are good for the mall or the mountains.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Start out stiff

I happened upon these at a great discount of 35 bucks. I am not all that familiar with hiking boot brands and have been very happy with my Keens and Merrells. I was a bit apprehensive when I tried them on because of their stiffness in the ankles I was not used to.

I took a chance on these even though I don't know of the brand but they are waterproof and the price was right. I wore them home form the mall with crappy socks.  They sure did start off stiff.

I ventured a few urban hikes wearing a 30lb pack and my new Powersox. The urban hikes are all on sidewalk and paved paths. There is about 500' elevation gain with a sweaty 3/4 mile uphill and 300 stairs. The boots loosened a bit and remained comfortable. After some 20 miles, they were ready for the trail.

My first hike was a 5-mile hike with a 35lb pack with 1250' elevation gain. The boots performed fine and have zero issues or complaints. They do run a little warmer that my Keen Gypsum, but the Wenger Swiss Army, Anchorage were very much equal to the Keens.

I have about 75 miles on these boots and am very pleased with their duty. They have not had any issues with a pack up to 50lbs.  I have no plans to load more than 50lbs.. ever.  There are no signs of wear, de-lamination or structural failure.

I will absolutely buy another pair. Soon!

jomebrew

I wore these on a 55 mile backpacking trip in the Eastern Sierras. They performed remarkably well and I am very pleased with them. The terrain is full of rocks, sharp rocks and more rocks. They really shielded me well from the rocks. Did I mention rocks? I bought a second pair at $50 (no extra 25% off this time).

Wenger Swiss Army Anchorage Mid

The Wenger Swiss Army Anchorage Mid is not available from the stores we monitor.