Werner Skagit FG IM

Great lightweight rec paddle. Bought this as my first…

Summary

Great lightweight rec paddle.

Pros

• Well made blades
  • Great price/ good value

Cons

• None!

Bought this as my first paddle. It's the only one I kept! (now used as backup)

For the price you can't beat it! It's lightweight and good for recreational touring/day trips.

Love this paddle! Lightweight, durable, with easy…

Summary

Love this paddle! Lightweight, durable, with easy adjustment for feathering (or not). Great for low-angle paddlers. I've used this on lakes and the choppy ocean, and always been pleased with the performance!

Pros

• 2-piece design for portability
  • Asymmetric blades

Cons

• None that I'm aware of! I love my Skagit paddle!

Since I got this paddle 3 months ago, I've been using it at least three times a week and am always happy with it.  It was affordable, and is proving to be quite durable!

The fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades make it way lighter than a plastic paddle, and I've felt consistently that my (low-angle) strokes have been smooth and efficient. This is an excellent paddle for recreational kayakers, and I've been recommending it as an affordable upgrade to all my friends!

The paddle breaks down into two pieces, which makes it easier to transport in my car or attached to a backpack.  The button that holds the pieces together doesn't stick out like on a lot of lesser paddles, so it feels like a solid one-piece once it's assembled. There is also an easy-to-read numeric guide inside the paddle which helps you adjust your feathering angle with precision, which is really neat!

All-in-all, I'm completely in love with my paddle and I take it everywhere, because you never know when you will find something that can be used as a boat!

Visit Werner's Skagit FG IM page.

The Skagit offers unbeatable value and performance for beginners and recreational kayakers. It is recognized for its light swing weight, smooth and stable stroke, as well as, offering all the benefits of a fiberglass shaft.Specs: Features: * Unbeatable value and performance for entrants and rec kayakers * Advanced blade design for smooth and stable strokes * Lightest swing weight offered at this price Blade Specs: * Fiberglass reinforced nylon * 49 x 15.6 cm, 19.3" x 6.1" Shaft Specs: * Fiberglass/Carbon blend * Straight shaft * Adjustable ferule feathers between 0 and 75deg * Two piece Paddle Weight: * 964g (34oz) at 220 cm

- Mountains Plus

The Werner Skagit Fiberglass Paddle offers unbeatable value and performance for casual recreational kayakers. Its advanced blade design sets it apart from other economical paddles.The Skagit is perfect for low-angle recreational paddlers seeking great performance at a great price.Fiberglass reinforced nylon blades are lightweight and durable. Advanced blade design enables smooth, efficient strokes.Werner's exclusive Smart-View(TM) adjustable ferrule gives you a convenient two-piece paddle that looks and feels like a one-piece. The Smart-View system lets you quickly and easily adjust the offset, or feather angle, of your paddle in 15 degree increments with right- or left-hand control.

- NRS

The Skagit paddle from Werner offers beginning and recreational paddlers excellent value and performance.

Your escape from the stresses of society could not be smoother and more effortless than when you paddle away from shore with the two-piece Werner Skagit FG IM Paddle and its adjustable straight shaft. Combining lightweight materials and a durable design that doesn't drain your savings, this touring paddle provides a light swing weight and low angle paddle stroke to keep you in control during all-day trips.