Werner Skagit FG IM

Great lightweight rec paddle. Bought this as my first…

Summary

Great lightweight rec paddle.

Pros

• Well made blades
  • Great price/ good value

Cons

• None!

Bought this as my first paddle. It's the only one I kept! (now used as backup)

For the price you can't beat it! It's lightweight and good for recreational touring/day trips.

Love this paddle! Lightweight, durable, with easy…

Summary

Love this paddle! Lightweight, durable, with easy adjustment for feathering (or not). Great for low-angle paddlers. I've used this on lakes and the choppy ocean, and always been pleased with the performance!

Pros

• 2-piece design for portability
  • Asymmetric blades

Cons

• None that I'm aware of! I love my Skagit paddle!

Since I got this paddle 3 months ago, I've been using it at least three times a week and am always happy with it.  It was affordable, and is proving to be quite durable!

The fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades make it way lighter than a plastic paddle, and I've felt consistently that my (low-angle) strokes have been smooth and efficient. This is an excellent paddle for recreational kayakers, and I've been recommending it as an affordable upgrade to all my friends!

The paddle breaks down into two pieces, which makes it easier to transport in my car or attached to a backpack.  The button that holds the pieces together doesn't stick out like on a lot of lesser paddles, so it feels like a solid one-piece once it's assembled. There is also an easy-to-read numeric guide inside the paddle which helps you adjust your feathering angle with precision, which is really neat!

All-in-all, I'm completely in love with my paddle and I take it everywhere, because you never know when you will find something that can be used as a boat!