Western Mountaineering AlpinLite Super

This bag is not what it is said to be with warmth.

This bag is not what it is said to be with warmth. I got stuck in a storm on the AT and it did not perform to its temperature rating. The weather got down to about 26. I had to wear my Arc'teryx Venta SV and my ALPHA LT pants to stay warm.

After the storm I got into 35 to 45 degree weather, it worked awesome. The bag allowed a lot of wind through the side zipper area and also with my Thermarest Prolite 4 the bag felt the coldness instantly.

The positive is that the bag is superlight and it stuffs down great. It is also nice for men that are wide shoulder. The workmanship is definitely better than any bag that I have seen on the market. I do recommend this bag for superlight wide shoulder people. Make sure that if it is below 30 bring other base layer.

I don't know if I got a lemon but I am hoping I did, because they are made in the USA and I believe to keep our money here instead of china.

This bag is superb! I am a very restless sleeper,…

Design: mummy
Fill: 17 oz, 850 fill down
Temperature Rating: 20 degree F.
Weight: 1 lb, 13 oz

This bag is superb! I am a very restless sleeper, tossing and turning all night long. My previous bag did not allow me to turn without a major ordeal (I bought it according to standard recommendations for my size). I'm female, 5'1", 125 pounds, and get nightsweats from menopause. The last thing I need is a bag that won't let me get my feet or arms out in a hurry! The Alpinlite Super zipper goes all the way to the bottom!! Hallelujah!!

The first trip the temperature dipped to 38 so I had to use the drawstring around the neck and hood. Wow, perfect invention. I was toasty warm, even with the bottom of the zipper left up so I could get cool air in at times. The next trip it was 60. Don't think I ever zipped the bag up. My husband has a Megalite by W.M., he was a little jealous of the extra neck draw on the AlpinLite.

The bag compresses down small (8x15) but not as much as my previous one. So I just pack it in the main compartment of my pack instead of the bag compartment. We use a blow up Angus pad (makes a comfortable sleep, even on stones), but before I used to have to use a foam pad also to keep the cold from seeping up into my bones. Now with the Alpinlite, no more pad! Everything about this bag is an A-Plus!

The people at Western Mountaineering made the lightweight, roomy Alpinlite Super 20 Degree Sleeping Bag because they understand that not everyone who packs an ultralight sleeping bag wants it to be confined at night. Its 64 inch shoulder girth gives you the room to sleep comfortably while the 850+ fill down insulation keeps you toasty all night. At less than two pounds, the Alpinlite Super Sleeping Bag won't weight down your pack, so you can travel light and sleep well.

This bag is wide, warm, and packed with features. With a 3-dimensional full down collar, a full-length YKK zipper, and 5 of loft, the Alpinlite Super has quickly become one of Western Mountaineering's most popular models. The award winning Ultralite Super has been a favorite among lightweight backpackers for more than a decade. The Alpinlite Super is just a wide version of that great bag. There are many 20 down mummy bags on the market, but none have the width, warmth, or loft of this bag. Specs: Full Down Collar 5 Loft, 20 F temp rating 5 14 SpacingContinuous Baffles 19 oz. Down Fill 64 39 ShoulderFoot Girth Full-length #5 YKK Zipper 1 lb. 15 oz. Total Weight

- Massey's Outfitters

Western Mountaineering AlpinLite Super

The AlpinLite Super has been discontinued.

The Western Mountaineering AlpinLite Super is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 23, 2008 at Backcountry.com.