Western Mountaineering Antelope Super DL

After months and months of doing my research and trying…

Design: mummy
Fill: 750+ fill down
Temperature Rating: 0 F
Weight: 2lb 13oz
Price Paid: $299 (sale)

After months and months of doing my research and trying bags from just about every reputable high-end manufacturer, I decided on the WM Antelope SDL. You'll be hard pressed to find a better bag at this temp range.

what I liked:

1) Pound for pound, the best loft of any bag I looked at (WM's temperature ratings are very conservative.)

2) Unmatched quality in materials (lining, shell fabric, down) stitching, and craftsmanship (Excellent quality control)

3) Plump draft tube that does its job very well! No cold spots!

4) Fabric stiffening tape makes zipping a cinch. This is one of my favorite features because I HATE snags!

5) Versatility in a broad temperature range(continuous baffles, zips, etc...)

6) Hood and collar design. Special cut allows for the bag to loft up well around your face. Tighten the collar and this bag becomes a toasty warm oven for those very frigid nights.

What I didn't like:

1) Dry-Loft makes the bag a bit more difficult to stuff than microfiber, but this is the small price you will have to pay (along with some extra $$$) for DryLoft's superior water resistance.

2) Expensive! You get what you pay for with this bag (I was lucky to find one on sale.)

If you want a versatile, easy to use, no compromise bag that'll put you to sleep like a baby on cool to frigid nights, get this one.

If you've owned or used a Western Mountaineering Antelope Super DL, please share your experience.

Western Mountaineering Antelope Super DL

The Antelope Super DL has been discontinued.

The Western Mountaineering Antelope Super DL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 11, 2010 at Backcountry.com.