Western Mountaineering Antelope

I am not sure what model this bag is sense I purchased…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 750+ fill down
Temperature Rating: 0 F degrees?
Weight: Just under 3lbs
Price Paid: don't remember

I am not sure what model this bag is sense I purchased it in 1980. However, in looking at the most recent WM catalog it shares similar features such as weight, loft, super collar, dual draft tubes and dimensions of the Antelope Super, save for the MF/DL shell (mine has a taffeta shell). The bag continues to deliver 20+ years after the purchase. The bag has maintained its original loft even after numerous washings. I haven't experienced a night where I was chilled in the bag. However, I have been overheated on a number of occasions during warm summer nights. I have primarily used the bag in the Sierra in winter, spring and fall.

The construction, materials and craftsmanship of the bag is superior to and other bag manufacture I have seen (this includes bags by Feathered Friends, and Intergral Designs, both of which make superb bags as well). You simple cannot go wrong with a bag made by Western Mountaineering. They are expensive but as others have mentioned in these reviews you get what you pay for. I am confident had I purchased a lower quality bag for less money that I would've had to buy several new bags over the last 20 years which would have added up to much more than what I paid for my WM. Do your due diligence and you will arrive at the same conclusion. Over and out!

An excelent bag. I love it. Compresses easily, lofts…

Design: mummy
Fill: 700+ fill down
Temperature Rating: 10 F
Weight: 2 lbs

An excelent bag. I love it. Compresses easily, lofts quickly and is extremely comfortable. I have used this bag at 14,000 feet in late fall and was still very warm. It is roomy but not so much that you can't easily warm it up.