Western Mountaineering Big Horn Super DL

I would give up my truck before I gave up this bag!

Design: mummy
Fill: 750+ fill down
Temperature Rating: -20/-30
Weight: 4 ish

I would give up my truck before I gave up this bag! I intentionally bivy on the coldest, nastiest nights winter can throw at us in the White Mountains (Mt. Washington, NH) and this bag has never let me down. There are no cold spots, the dryloft traps my precious heat and the bag fits in the sleeping bag section of my Terraplane (using a compression sack). If you need a true winter bag, check this one out. Western Mountaineering redesigned their bags for the 99/2000 season, so they should be better than ever!

A simply phenomenal cold-weather sleeping bag. Features…

Design: mummy
Fill: 700 fill down, 38 oz.
Temperature Rating: -30 F
Weight: 3 lbs. 12 oz. (reg. length)
Price Paid: $610 (reg. length)

A simply phenomenal cold-weather sleeping bag.

Features include:

6" Spacing/Side Block Baffle,

64"/39" Shoulder/Foot Girth,

Double Draft Tubes,

9" Loft,

1.1 oz. nylon Dryloft 830 shell,

1.4 oz. nylon interior.

To provide our customers with the best sleeping bags possible Western Mountaineering sleeping bags are hand made to order in San Jose, California. Order one today and it will ship as soon as possible. It is worth the wait!To some people winter mountaineering is just a pastime. Be it searching for an uncut bowl to tele, a frozen waterfall to climb or a simple visit to the Brooks Range, the Big Horn Super DL has been there, done that! This sizable bag is lofted with down and roomy to boot! 38 ounces of 850+ fill power down lofts this bag to a full 9in. for a rating of minus 30 below! A shoulder girth of 64in. provides room to layer, store clothing or fit to big folk. The inside foot section is sewn with a 2.4 oz. fabric to protect the bag while stowing gear. And the Reverse Differential Hood is roomy, down filled and warm, and totally made with DryLoft. The full down filled collar and both Interlocking Draft Tubes are also completely made with DryLoft fabric. No place to cut costs! Few continents require anything warmer than our Big Horn Super DL! 6in. Spacing/V-Block Side Baffle 64in./39in. Shoulder/Foot Girth Full Down Collar Interlocking DryLoft Draft Tubes 9in. Loft, -30 Degrees F 38 oz. Down Fill 3 lbs. 13 oz. Total Weight Specs: Shape: Mummy (w/collar) Size: 6'6” Rating: -30 Degrees F Loft: 9” Inside Girth shoulder / hip / foot:64”/55”/39” Fill Wt.: 41 oz Total Wt.: 4 lb Stuff Size: 11 x 22

Western Mountaineering Big Horn Super DL

The Big Horn Super DL has been discontinued.

The Western Mountaineering Big Horn Super DL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 6, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new cold weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.