Western Mountaineering Puma Super MF

I've taken this bag on many winter camp outs. Along…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 850+ fill down, SMF, 8 1/2 in of loft
Temperature Rating: -15 F
Weight: 3 lb 4 oz

I've taken this bag on many winter camp outs. Along the Utah Wasatch at 0 degrees F and worse. At 0 degrees, I felt like I had to open the bag a little because I was getting too hot, and I was only wearing my thermal underwear, and my base layer! Gees!

On another camp out, I was testing the Western Mountaineering Puma along with the Outdoor Research XPed down sleeping pad. The outside temperature at 9,900 feet was 18 degrees with 35 mph winds. The temperature in the Bible Fitzroy Tent read 25 degrees. I had a terrible nights sleep! The combination of the Outdoor Research XPed 7 down sleeping pad, and the Western Mountaineering Puma MF was way too HOT! Can you believe it?!!! Those two pieces of gear were COOKING ME! It's amazing how much heat this bag can trap!

It has to be colder than 0 degrees F for me to pull the mummy hood tight around my face. This bag is hot. Literally.

I'll say this, the Western Mountaineering Puma MF has ALWAYS delivered MORE HEAT than any other bag I've ever purchased! I'll give it a full 5-stars!

On another Winter campout, temperatures reached -4 and our breath during the night caused Ice to form completely around the Puma bag and on the inside of our Bibler. In the morning, I shook off the ice from around the bag, and set the bag out in the grey, dry mountain air so it could dry. It was dry in about 4 hours with temps in the afternoon that only got to 28 degrees!!!

The bag is expensive, but I'm glad I've got it. I feel I can count on that bag if temperatures get too extreme.

I purchased this bag to replace a Wiggy Ultima Thule,…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 850 plus down
Temperature Rating: neg. 10 farenheight
Weight: 3.5 pounds

I purchased this bag to replace a Wiggy Ultima Thule, which I froze in at 20f (above zero). This past year we spent 12 nights in temperatures that ranged from 15 above to 6 below zero. I used this bag and was too warm until the temperature dropped to below zero. I would highly recommend this bag to anyone interested in a lightweight super warm sleeping bag.

The only drawback that I could see with this bag is the lightweight materials used for the shell, which I feel should be a bit more durable. Western Mountaineering told me that the shell is very durable and will last for many years.

The Western Mountaineering Puma Super MF Sleeping Bag is a solid choice for mountaineers bold enough to take on Old Man Winter at his strongest. Interlocking draft tubes deflect creeping cold and work in conjunction with the nine-inch loft and 36 ounces of 850+ down fill to give the Puma Super MF a monstrously warm -25 degree rating.

If the backcountry in winter is what you live for then you can't be without the Western Mountaineering Puma . This bag is not only formidable it is also awe inspiring! 8.5" of Loft from a lofty 34oz of 850+ down make this bag easily capable of handling any continental winter. 62" of shoulder girth is roomy without excess. Double interlocking draft tubes and a liberally filled 3D collar seal in heat, and the Micorolite XP shell acts as a solid barrier to the harsh reality outside your bag. At -15 degrees, winter is easily tamed.Western Mountaineering -15 Puma SMF Specifications: 6" spacing/V-Block Side Baffle.62"/39" Shoulder/Foot Girth.Ful Down Filled Super Collar.Interlocking Draft Tubes.8.5" Loft, -15 degrees34oz Down Fill.3lbs 4oz Total Weight.

- OMCgear

To provide our customers with the best sleeping bags possible Western Mountaineering sleeping bags are hand made to order in San Jose, California. Order one today and it will ship as soon as possible. It is worth the wait!If the backcountry in winter is what you live for then you can't be without our Puma Super in MicroLite XP. This bag is not only formidable it is also awe inspiring! 8 1/2in. of loft from a lofty 35 oz. of 850+ down makes this bag easily capable of handling any continental winter. 62in. of shoulder girth is roomy without excess. Double Interlocking Draft Tubes and a liberally filled 3-Dimensional collar seal in heat, and the MicroLite XP shell acts as a solid barrier to the harsh reality outside your bag. At -15 degrees, winter is easily tamed. 6in. Spacing/V-Block Side Baffle 62in./39in. Shoulder/Foot Girth Full Down Collar Interlocking Draft Tubes 8 1/2in. Loft, -15 Degrees F 35 oz. Down Fill 3 lbs. 4 oz. Total Weight Specs: Shape: Mummy (w/ collar) Size: 6'0” Rating: -15 Degrees F Loft: 8.5” Inside Girth shoulder / hip / foot: 62”/53”/39” Fill Wt.: 34 oz Total Wt.: 3 lb 13 oz Stuff Size: 10 x 20