Western Mountaineering Puma Super MF

I've taken this bag on many winter camp outs. Along…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 850+ fill down, SMF, 8 1/2 in of loft
Temperature Rating: -15 F
Weight: 3 lb 4 oz

I've taken this bag on many winter camp outs. Along the Utah Wasatch at 0 degrees F and worse. At 0 degrees, I felt like I had to open the bag a little because I was getting too hot, and I was only wearing my thermal underwear, and my base layer! Gees!

On another camp out, I was testing the Western Mountaineering Puma along with the Outdoor Research XPed down sleeping pad. The outside temperature at 9,900 feet was 18 degrees with 35 mph winds. The temperature in the Bible Fitzroy Tent read 25 degrees. I had a terrible nights sleep! The combination of the Outdoor Research XPed 7 down sleeping pad, and the Western Mountaineering Puma MF was way too HOT! Can you believe it?!!! Those two pieces of gear were COOKING ME! It's amazing how much heat this bag can trap!

It has to be colder than 0 degrees F for me to pull the mummy hood tight around my face. This bag is hot. Literally.

I'll say this, the Western Mountaineering Puma MF has ALWAYS delivered MORE HEAT than any other bag I've ever purchased! I'll give it a full 5-stars!

On another Winter campout, temperatures reached -4 and our breath during the night caused Ice to form completely around the Puma bag and on the inside of our Bibler. In the morning, I shook off the ice from around the bag, and set the bag out in the grey, dry mountain air so it could dry. It was dry in about 4 hours with temps in the afternoon that only got to 28 degrees!!!

The bag is expensive, but I'm glad I've got it. I feel I can count on that bag if temperatures get too extreme.

I purchased this bag to replace a Wiggy Ultima Thule,…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 850 plus down
Temperature Rating: neg. 10 farenheight
Weight: 3.5 pounds

I purchased this bag to replace a Wiggy Ultima Thule, which I froze in at 20f (above zero). This past year we spent 12 nights in temperatures that ranged from 15 above to 6 below zero. I used this bag and was too warm until the temperature dropped to below zero. I would highly recommend this bag to anyone interested in a lightweight super warm sleeping bag.

The only drawback that I could see with this bag is the lightweight materials used for the shell, which I feel should be a bit more durable. Western Mountaineering told me that the shell is very durable and will last for many years.