Wookey Quicksilver

A few years back when I was working on the Marlboro…

Price Paid: Can't remember, about $100+ but not much.

A few years back when I was working on the Marlboro Crazy Mountain ranch I picked up a Wookey Quicksilver. It fit well but I stopped by their 'garage' factory and a wonderful lady fitted it to me changing the waistband to a larger band.

The fit is adjustable to the load and angle of slope you're hiking on. The waistband really takes the load. Yop flap and zipper entries makes getting raingear out quick and easy.  Good compression strap effect.  Easy to strap on tripod, tools, umbrellas, etc.

Since then it's been working at Machu Picchu (teaching their people mtn rescue, "rescate vertical", then the Peten District of Guatemala, the state of Chiapas, Mexico (Mayan archaeology jungle hiking) and all over the Wasatch (Utah - Behind the Zion Curtain) especially in the summer.

It's still in one intact piece, carries well for full day technical stuff, camera gear, EMS,and its great blue and gray colors have dirtied with time, use, and pride.

Good stuff, good people. Get one if you can!

Wookey Quicksilver

The Quicksilver has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Wookey Quicksilver is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new internal frame backpack, check out the best reviewed current models.