Xterra XT 1.0

I have been running a combination of different surfaces…

Price Paid: gift

I have been running a combination of different surfaces over the past few months. From pavement and concrete, to gravel and dirt, this shoe performs great!

The conditions I've run of late have been a lot of mountain trails, with a lot of dirt, gravel, and rocks, not to mention the uneven terrain. The XTERRA running shoe, is one of the best mountain trail running shoes I have ever used.

The cushioning is great, especially supportive in the toe box and forefoot, which is important when you run down the mountain. The stability was great too as I run on a lot of uneven surfaces. I am able to keep up the pace without having to worry about the shoe buckling underneath me.

I would recommend these shoes to anyone interested in a running shoe with great support, and cushioning, as well as the flexibility to run on-road and off-road. The XTERRA is one of the best mountain running shoes I've used, and I find that they are so comfortable that I am wearing them all the time!

Men's, Running Shoes, Trail Running Shoes - XTERRA XT 1.0-RED: WHAT IS WITH THE STRAP? Running shoes don't have straps....... right? Running shoes are designed to allow your foot to move efficiently from foot strike to toe off in a straight line while running on a flat surface. Straight line? Flat surface? What trail is that? In an XTERRA trail run you are jumping over roots and rocks, slogging through soft sand and mud, drowning in water, and clawing your way up mountains, then sliding back down. Generally you are just abusing yourself for fun and fitness. There is nothing straight or flat about trail running. So what is "normal" for a running shoe does not apply to trail running. The XT1.0 is designed for XTERRA trail running. If you'll indulge us for a minute, here's a little story you may have heard before: your running on a great trail, happy as can be. You plant your foot on what appears to be solid, reasonably steady surface. However you're on one of those XTERRA quality trails so when you land your shoe grips the "surface" and the ball of your foot slides across the sock-liner inside your shoe. What happens next? You roll off the sole and loose traction, then maybe fall down, possibly roll your ankle, or stumble around trying to get your rhythm back. Our solution is that strap. We call it the NARRGuard stabilizer strap. This piece of lightweight synthetic works together with the forefoot webbing to secure your foot for trail running. It's not a ratchet, just an overlay with a Velcro close. Providing just the right amount of structure to keep your foot anchored over the sole so you can keep on running.

- XTERRA Footwear refers to the men's version