Zelph's Stoveworks Cobalt

Weight 1 ounce (29 g)
Fuel capacity 2.5 ounces
Boil time 6.5 minutes with half-ounce of fuel.

Way better than any pop can stoves. After trying a…

Source: I bought it on ebay

Summary

Way better than any pop can stoves.

Pros

• Fast boil time
  • Light
  • No pot support needed
  • Cheap

Cons

• Best to have a large pot surface

After trying a number of my own DIY stoves I bought one of these and it changed my mind about carrying an alcohol stove. I then ordered two more stoves for friends.

The only negative, if there is one, is that you should be using a pot of at least 5 inches in diameter to keep the flames from going up the sides and getting the most out of your stove and fuel. I was able to get two cups of water at a boil in 6.5 minutes and the stove was out at 8.5 minutes on one ounce of fuel.

Update: I just got in the 0.7L Optimus tea kettle and can now bring two cups of water to a full boil in 4.5 minutes using this stove/ kettle combination. Wonderful!

This stove has significant improvements over other beer bottle stoves on the market. It's much more user friendly.

It has an "ignition wick" to aide in lighting the stove during cooler temps and also helps prevent singed knuckle hair. Without the wick you have to stick a match down into the stove to get it lit. When the vapors ignite, it goes poof, the flames can get your fingers. The wick lets you keep you fingers outside the stove.

Five times thicker material compared to pop cans. It's made from aluminum beer bottles and Mt Dew pop bottles.

Includes windscreen

Visit Zelph's Stoveworks's Cobalt page.

Zelph's Stoveworks Cobalt

The Zelph's Stoveworks Cobalt is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new alcohol stove, check out the best reviewed current models.