ZO-ON Diamondium 2-layer jacket

While visiting Iceland last year (2005) and doing…

Fabric: Diamondium

While visiting Iceland last year (2005) and doing some hiking in the mountain region, I felt I needed something a little warmer than what I had, as it was a little colder than I expected (I know I know, the name should have given me a clue!). I wanted a jacket that was both extremely light, but warm -- breathable but watertight.

I went to a large department store and asked for this sort of jacket and was a little surprised when the salesguy showed me a native product called ZO-ON Iceland. He said that the material was new and developed by them and was really waterproof and really breathable. So, feeling that Icelanders where the trustworthy types, I bought the jacket.

I can honestly say that I was extremely surprised at the experience. One day of my trip it rained like it was poured from a bucket and the wind blew so hard that I had a hard time breathing sometimes. This material however stood this test with flying colors and kept me dry and sweat-free!

Unfortunately they do not sell this brand in the States, but I recommend that people buy their products if ever in Iceland!

ZO-ON Diamondium 2-layer jacket

The ZO-ON Diamondium 2-layer jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new waterproof jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review