18th National Trails Symposium October 19-22
Trails for America: Every Where, Every Way, Every Day!
American Trails is pleased to announce that the 18th National Trails Symposium will be held October 19-22, 2006, in the Quad Cities of Iowa and Illinois. The National Trails Symposium is held every other year and is sponsored by American Trails with state and local sponsors.
The symposium provides an opportunity for greenways and trails advocates, managers, planners, and users, outdoor product providers, as well as conservationists, private landowners, and tourism and business interests to come together for an inspirational and educational conference. The symposium addresses both non-motorized and motorized issues and our vision for trails and greenways nationwide.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend:
1. Help make "Trails For America: Every Where, Every Way, Every Day!" a reality!
2. So much to see and do, it takes 4 cities and 2 states to hold it all!
3. Midwest hospitality.
4. A keynote speaker (Gil Penalosa) who led the closure of 50+ miles of roads to cars every Sunday, where now over 1.5 million people walk, run, skate and bike!
5. Over 60 cutting-edge presentations.
6. Exhibits, field trips and hands-on workshops.
7. Discover new ways to develop, promote and sell the importance of trails in your community.
8. The largest exhibit hall ever, with over 100 booths and a greenway with trails running through it!
9. Network with trails enthusiasts from around the country and the world!
10. A riverboat cruise on the Mississippi River!