Enter the Trailspace photo contest March 15-31
Starting Monday, March 15, Trailspace members can enter their own original photos in the first Trailspace member photo contest. Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, March 31, in three categories: outdoors landscape, outdoors nature and wildlife, and people outdoors.
Trailspace members will vote on submissions starting Thursday, April 1. The voting period will last through Wednesday, April 14. Contest winners will be notified shortly thereafter and will receive gift cards to outdoor retailers.
Trailspace will notify and announce contest winners soon after the voting period ends.
The top three images in each category will be named winners, for a total of nine winning photographs:
- Third-place winners each will receive a $25 gift card to the Trailspace retail partner of their choice.
- Second-place winners each will receive a $50 gift card.
- Two first-place winners each will receive a $75 gift card, with the top photo overall receiving a $100 gift card.
- We'll probably throw in some cool Trailspace hats too.
How to Enter
- Be a Trailspace member. (If not already a member, join the Trailspace community now.)
- Select up to two (2) original photos to submit per photo contest category: outdoors landscape, outdoors nature and wildlife, and people outdoors.
- Visit the appropriate forum for your photo submissions: outdoors landscape, outdoors nature and wildlife, and people outdoors.
- Start a New Topic in the appropriate sub-forum (ex. Photo Contest: Outdoors Landscape) for each photo entry.
- Give the new topic (i.e. your photo) a title in the Subject line (ex. Yellowstone at Dawn).
- Click on the insert/edit image icon (it looks like a tree) and select either a previously uploaded image from Your Images on Trailspace or a New Upload to post. Please do not link to external images for the contest.
- You may provide a brief, one to two sentence description of each image under the photo.
- Congratulations! Your photo is now entered in the Trailspace photo contest.
- Repeat the steps above for additional photo submissions.
- Every photo in the contest will have its own Topic. Members may comment on and discuss individual photos under that topic.
- Photo submissions will close on Wednesday, March 31.
- Trailspace members will be able to vote on submissions starting Thursday, April 1.
- All Trailspace members will be able to rate each photo once.
- The rating period will last through Wednesday, April 14.
- Any Trailspace member, with the exception of Trailspace employees and their immediate family members, may enter the contest.
- Each member may enter up to two (2) submissions per contest category: outdoors landscape, outdoors nature and wildlife, and people outdoors.
- Photos must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by anyone but yourself.
- You must be the sole owner of the photo's copyright. Photos may not infringe any other person's or entity's rights, including, without limitation, contractual rights, rights of publicity and privacy, trademark, copyright, and patent rights.
- Photos must adhere to Trailspace's Community Rules and Guidelines and Terms of Service.
- Minor digital enhancements (such as cropping, rotating, resizing, red-eye removal, spot editing, and corrective functions) are permitted, but images that have been significantly modified will be disqualified.
- Photos submitted must be appropriate for Trailspace's family-friendly audience. Photos may not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Trailspace retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- Images should not depict violations of Leave No Trace principles or other appropriate backcountry ethics and practices. No baiting or staging of wild animals. No representing of caged or captive animals as wild.
- By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their images featured on Trailspace.com without any fee or other form of compensation. Trailspace may display submitted photos on its website or use to publicize the contest.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win.
Get started: Enter the Trailspace member photo contest.