It's that time of year, a time for resolutions, retributions, and renewal. But first, here's a quick and not-too-nostalgic look back at 2009.
First, a huge thank you to all of our members, readers, and supporters. Whether you've been hanging around with us for nine years or nine days, you're each an essential part of the Trailspace community.
Here are a few stats for you. In 2009, with your help, we added to Trailspace:
- 13,895 forum posts (some outdoor topics were more provocative than others)
- 11,499 new products (many in new gear categories, like food, knives and multi-tools, books and maps, dog gear, and survival gear)
- 2,841 user reviews of outdoor gear
- 2,166 new members (welcome, all!)
- 148 blog posts (I resolve to do better here.)
- 78 outdoor articles (I resolve to do even better here.)
- 1 employee (who deserves the credit for those new product and gear categories mentioned above)
Also, as members of 1% for the Planet since 2006, we continue to support numerous environmental and outdoor non-profits, of which I'm personally proud.
We're working on lots of exciting initiatives and improvements to Trailspace for 2010. So, keep on visiting, discussing, and reviewing your gear, and consider subscribing to the Blog and Articles RSS feeds for real-time updates, if you haven't already. As always, feel free to send us suggestions and comments through the Feedback Forum.
Finally, best wishes to all of our Trailspace friends for a happy, healthy 2010, indoors and out, on or off the trail, and up and down the mountains.