Wednesday, March 2, is Read Across America Day. To celebrate:
- Pick up a good outdoors book to read from your local library, bookstore, outdoor retailer, or neglected book shelf.
- Recommend a tale to your Trailspace friends below. (I'll start with Great Heart: The History of a Labrador Adventure by James West Davidson and Touching the Void by James Simpson.)
- Share an outdoorsy book with a kid. (I've already suggested a bunch of my favorites in "Good Outdoor Books for Children.")
- Review an outdoor skills or guide book on the site.
- Plant a Truffula seed, or at least consider (re)reading the classic The Lorax (March 2 is also Dr. Seuss's birthday). The 40-year-old environmental warning still rings true.