It's fall again, that glorious, dry, bug-free interlude before snowshoes and skis. Traveling through an autumn landscape under your own power is one of the greatest joys of the outdoor experience, with the cinnamon smell of dried leaves, ample wildlife, and the stunning view of changing foliage.
In honor of the season, Trailspace is launching a Fall Adventures Photo Contest. Beginning today, November 15, and ending midnight December 9, you can enter this contest by posting a picture you've taken on Trailspace's Facebook page.
We're looking for photos that highlight the unique beauty of the human-powered outdoor experience in autumn. Give us your best — please, just enter one photo per person — and you'll have a shot at some great prizes.
The author on the Appalachian Trail in Virginia. (photo by Jack Looney)
Additionally, Trailspace will post the 3 winners' pictures on our blog.
How to Enter
- Visit Trailspace's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Trailspace. If you haven't already "liked" Trailspace on Facebook, click the "Like" button at the top of that page.
- On Trailspace's Facebook Wall, click the "Share Photo" link. Select and upload a picture you're taken that expresses the feeling of fall.
- Share with your fiends and encourage them to vote for their favorite photos.
Don't have a photo to enter? You can still help choose the winners by "liking" your favorite submissions:
- View the entries on Trailspace's Facebook page
- "Like" the photos you think are the best.
That's it. You can "like" as few or as many photos as you please.
Voting will remain open for a week after the contest closes for submissions, until December 15. The users whose images receive the greatest number of "likes" by midnight on the December 15 will win.
The Fine Print