Ahnu Junipero

Pretty much as advertised. Comfortable and waterproof.

Summary

Pretty much as advertised. Comfortable and waterproof.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Breathable
  • Light weight

Cons

• Wonky tongue

Bought these on super sale and so far I really have no complaints. They fit great, have great support, and so far are pretty comfy. For some reason the tongue on right foot gave me a small blister up around my ankle, but other than that, zero complaints. They've proven so far to be real durable. A number of times I've caught the top of my toe on a rock or root thinking that for sure I ripped the stitching, but so far no rips!

With eVent, this proclaim to be waterproof and breathable. The breath-ability was just tested the other day hiking Camel's Hump in Vermont on a 90-degree day. Breathable they were. Had no problems with overheating feet.

My buddy decided to call them out and say they were waterproof (even though right on the eVent liner it says "WATERPROOF"). So to prove him wrong, (and to find out for sure) I walked right through a stream which was about 3" or 4" deep. Absolutely no wetness got through. Generally you wait a second for that mushy cold sock feeling to set in, but it never did.

Not the prettiest, sexiest, or flashiest looking shoe, but if you're just looking to get the job done in the summer (haven't used them in colder weather yet) these certainly will do the trick. Great boot.

If you've owned or used an Ahnu Junipero, please share your experience.

Ahnu Junipero

The Junipero has been discontinued.

The Ahnu Junipero is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 12, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.