Ahnu Montara Boot

A superbly comfortable and lightweight boot. Impressive…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

A superbly comfortable and lightweight boot. Impressive wearability for long periods of time.

• Good traction

Cons

• Not strictly waterproof

This is far and away the most comfortable hiking boot I have ever worn. You know that moment at the end of a long day of backpacking where you just can't wait to get your boots off, and when you finally due it's a palpable relief? Even after a record setting day (for me!) of trudging along Wisconsin's Ice Age Trail it *didn't even happen*.

At the same time, it doesn't feel like you are walking on a mattress, the boots have very good stability, excellent traction, and are incredibly lightweight. Break in was a cinch, the boot formed to my foot very quickly.

Note that these are not really waterproof, so don't go galavanting through a swamp, but the water resistance was very very good for normal hiking. Highly recommended.

These boots are the best boots I have ever had for…

Summary

These boots are the best boots I have ever had for hiking. This past summer my boyfriend and I traveled out west on a cross-country road trip. Not only did these boots hold up throughout the whole trip, I also did not run into any blisters and they are completely waterproof. Everyone else I hiked with got blisters, as some of our hikes were 15+ miles a day, but mine were perfect and caused me no issues!

Pros

• Waterproof
  • No blisters
  • Ankle support

Cons

• The only issue was that I felt like the boots loosened really easily

I would recommend these boots to anyone in the future. Throughout all of my hikes these have not failed me.

The only issue is the fit around the ankle. My ankles are fairly small and the shoes loosen really easily, but they provide enough support. I have used these boots on all sorts of terrain, from walking on North Manitou Island in Michigan through the water, to the dry rugged terrain of Zion National Park. These worked for it all!

Welcome to Trailspace, Alexis! Thanks for the review.

I hike all the time for my job, and before I got the…

Summary

I hike all the time for my job, and before I got the Ahnu Montara boot, I was still using a very old pair of worn-out hiking boots I had for years. The Ahnu was literally a breath of fresh air for my feet. They are super comfortable and durable. I can only describe them by saying, 'walking on clouds!'

Pros

• Waterproof

The shoe fits really well. They have tons of support. I hike for work, and I can be out for a few hours, and really not feel anything. It is great! The ankle area is supported really well too!

What is also another added bonus: they come in super cute colors. It really is a new way to do hiking boots.

I've worn them in all types of weather, and my feet kept really dry and warm in the winter. In the summer they breathe very well!

I would totally recommend this hiking boot for anyone. It's great for long backpacking hikes, small quick hikes, and everything in between. They are extremely versatile.

Welcome to Trailspace, Alexa. Thanks for sharing your Montara review. Out of curiosity, what kind of job do you have that includes regular hiking?

Alexa

I work for a county park!

Sounds good, Alexa!

1 year ago

This boot is waterproof, comfortable, durable and…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Ahnu gave me a pair to support my work in Africa)

Summary

This boot is waterproof, comfortable, durable and good looking. I've worn this boot all the way to the summit of Kilimanjaro and across various countries in Africa and South America and it has never let me down.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Super comfortable

This boot is true to size and does not need any break-in whatsoever. The day I first wore them felt as good as they felt yesterday, months after I purchased them. There was no chaffing. My ankles were well supported, even while descending Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I have stomped through puddles and snow in these boots and they never leaked or allowed any water in. I have walked through sand and mud and my socks have always been fine afterwards. I've had to do some boulder climbing to get from point A to point B in a long hike and I had no problem with grip.

Despite wearing my boots for months, through all sorts of terrain and temperatures, they are still holding up. They have no tears or rips and the soles are still good.

These are by far the best hiking boots I have ever…

Summary

These are by far the best hiking boots I have ever owned!

Pros

• Supportive
  • No breaking in required
  • Waterproof!!!
  • Stylish even in the woods :)

Cons

• Not recommended for large backpacking loads

They are very comfortable and supportive and required no breaking in at all! The inside of ankle support is soft leather almost like moleskin. So wonderful against your ankles during long rough hikes. They are waterproof...yes I REALLy tested them.

I have been hiking and backpacking for 20 years and have never loved hiking shoes like I love these!