Ahnu Montara Boot

This boot is waterproof, comfortable, durable and…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Ahnu gave me a pair to support my work in Africa)

Summary

This boot is waterproof, comfortable, durable and good looking. I've worn this boot all the way to the summit of Kilimanjaro and across various countries in Africa and South America and it has never let me down.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Super comfortable

This boot is true to size and does not need any break-in whatsoever. The day I first wore them felt as good as they felt yesterday, months after I purchased them. There was no chaffing. My ankles were well supported, even while descending Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I have stomped through puddles and snow in these boots and they never leaked or allowed any water in. I have walked through sand and mud and my socks have always been fine afterwards. I've had to do some boulder climbing to get from point A to point B in a long hike and I had no problem with grip.

Despite wearing my boots for months, through all sorts of terrain and temperatures, they are still holding up. They have no tears or rips and the soles are still good.

A superbly comfortable and lightweight boot. Impressive…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

A superbly comfortable and lightweight boot. Impressive wearability for long periods of time.

• Good traction

Cons

• Not strictly waterproof

This is far and away the most comfortable hiking boot I have ever worn. You know that moment at the end of a long day of backpacking where you just can't wait to get your boots off, and when you finally due it's a palpable relief? Even after a record setting day (for me!) of trudging along Wisconsin's Ice Age Trail it *didn't even happen*.

At the same time, it doesn't feel like you are walking on a mattress, the boots have very good stability, excellent traction, and are incredibly lightweight. Break in was a cinch, the boot formed to my foot very quickly.

Note that these are not really waterproof, so don't go galavanting through a swamp, but the water resistance was very very good for normal hiking. Highly recommended.

These are by far the best hiking boots I have ever…

Summary

These are by far the best hiking boots I have ever owned!

Pros

• Supportive
  • No breaking in required
  • Waterproof!!!
  • Stylish even in the woods :)

Cons

• Not recommended for large backpacking loads

They are very comfortable and supportive and required no breaking in at all! The inside of ankle support is soft leather almost like moleskin. So wonderful against your ankles during long rough hikes. They are waterproof...yes I REALLy tested them.

I have been hiking and backpacking for 20 years and have never loved hiking shoes like I love these!

Visit Ahnu's Montara Boot page.

Take to the trails in the Ahnu Montara boots, which supply waterproof, breathable protection thanks to eVent membranes, along with sturdy construction and light support for light day hikes.

Dedicated hikers looking for an all-terrain boot that repels water and is ultra-breathable shouldn't overlook the Ahnu Women's Montara Boot. Built with waterproof and ultra-breathable eVent membrane, the Montara excels at shedding wet weather and braving muddy puddles but, thanks to eVent's legendary breathability, won't leave you with sweaty- or soggy-feeling toes.

Free Shipping. Ahnu Women's Montara Waterproof Boot FEATURES of the Ahnu Women's Montara Waterproof Boot Upper: Waterproof tumbled nubuck or oiled leather quarter panels with suede collar and rubber toe and heel wraps Midsole: Double density compression molded EVA with medal and lateral stability postings and shock dispersal plate in forefoot Outsole: 3.5mm cross-directional, self-cleaning lugs. Non-marking Vibram rubber outsole Lining: Breathable mesh collar and eVent waterproof bootie Shank: Integrated TPU shank and arch support for torsional rigidity and mid-foot support SPECIFICATIONS of the Ahnu Women's Montara Waterproof Boot Weight: 12.7 oz

Featuring Numemtum Hike Technology for stability, the mid-cut Montara from Ahnu is a waterproof, breathable hiker designed to take you from the depths of the trails to the depths of city puddles.

- EMS