Ahnu Moraga Mesh

Materials Nubuck suede and mesh
Sizes Men's 7-12 (half sizes), 13, 14
Weight 15.1 ounces per shoe

This lightweight hiker has a high arch, and a stiffer…

Summary

This lightweight hiker has a high arch, and a stiffer sole than many hikers. They have a lightweight, breathable upper.

Pros

• Stiff sole

Cons

• High arch
  • Flimsy upper

These seemed to fit well in the store as well as wearing them around town. The first time I went on a longer day hike they started rubbing the arch of my foot. I tried breaking them in further but even after 6 months the arch was just to high for my foot. I can still wear them for short periods or times when I won't be on my feet all day, but for a day hiker they just don't work for me.

Support is good. One of the reasons I purchased the Moragas is that the soles are stiffer than many hikers. I wanted a stiff platform to protect from rocks and such underfoot. I like the stiff soles.

The uppers are lightweight and breathable. I only wore them for about 6 months, but it seemed that the uppers became fairly flimsy over this short time. My hunch is that the uppers will wear out long before the soles.

Once of my laces broke within the first few months as well.

These shoes breathe well as they have a fair amount of mesh in the upper. Perhaps this is why they seem flimsy as they break in.

Traction was decent.

I wore these for about 6 months and then, mostly, stopped wearing them as they were uncomfortable on longer hikes (6-8 hours).