AKU Utah

I am really satisfied with those boots. They are extremely…

Materials: Leather + gore-tex
Use: Rought trail, tree planting, mountaineering
Break-in Period: Fast
Price Paid: 200 C$

I am really satisfied with those boots. They are extremely durable and are cheaper than many other brands. I use them to plant trees which is really demanding for the boots. After 3 seasons, this pair of boot is the only one that is still in good shape after a summer.

I destroyed 2 pairs of Lowa Banff boots in 2 years while my Aku are still doing fine.

The Gore-tex interior make the boots dry fast. The boot is made in almost just one piece of leather which make it more solid. With other booth I have had problem of stitching breaking but it can't happen with those boots.

Overall, I believe for the price they are the best of the best.

For the break-in and comfort, I believe it was good and fast but I don't really care about that since I have never done blisters. I have really tough feet and I don't feel much. I'd say the fit was perfect.

If you've owned or used an AKU Utah, please share your experience.

AKU Utah

The AKU Utah is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 8, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.