Alpina Tracker

I bought these after renting them several times at…

I bought these after renting them several times at Windblown Cross Country center in New Hampshire. This has 60 km of trails and 2,000' of vertical and a lot of backcountry runs. I wish I had rented these more often during my first few years.

I took these through everything—set track, fresh powder, single track with fresh snow, across a frozen pond with 8" of fresh snow—and it handled everything. I bought these as a "do everything" ski. They are well-made and survived my abuse with no ill effects. The top sheet seems to be very well made and resistant to being scuffed.

I got into XC skiing as a means to hang on to my cycling fitness; now I cannot wait for cycling to be over so I can ski!

Heed the call of the Nordic gods, and enter into backcountry heaven on the Alpina Tracker Ski. Yes, there is a backcountry heaven, and it's filled with glorious, untracked bowls and evergreens dolloped with pow. And with the Tracker's lightweight wood-core cap construction, full steel edges, and kickable non-wax base, you can frolic in every inch of it. In a lesser ski, this wintry wonderland might resemble that other place.

The Alpina Tracker is constructed with the posi-grip base and full metal edge. It is narrow enough for groomed tracks but is also ready to take on the off-piste. Match this ski up with the Alpina BC 1550 boot and NNN BC bindings. Features: Woodcore Cap Construction. Full Length Metal Edge. Non-wax Posi-grip Pattern. Durable Scuff-tuff. Protective Top Sheet. Sidecut: 64/53/62mm. Oversize item, shipping premium applies.

- Appalachian Outdoors