ALPS Mountaineering Zenith 2 AL Tent

Great design. Design is great, I love these tents.

Summary

Great design.

Pros

• Sturdy

Design is great, I love these tents.

The door zippers could use a little work though. I have two of these tents and one zipper is a little difficult.

All I can say great little tent. I found the Zenith…

Design: three-season freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: extremely quick and simple
Weight: 4lbs 8ozs

All I can say great little tent. I found the Zenith 2 AL for sale on the Sierra Trading Post website. It was just the tent I was seeking for since I do solo backpacking. Very lightweight and pitching is quick and very simple-under three minutes for me. I'm currently using this tent in Ohio's Wayne National Forest at the Lamping Homestead Camp Grounds in Monroe County.

This tent offers a full-coverage rainfly with two stake-out vestibules. I stay nice and dry in this tent, even in the hardest of rains. Just the right amount of room inside this tent. Though this tent is rated as a two-person model, I find it a wee bit small for two adults. Better as a one person tent with enough room without that "claustaphobic" feeling. I think I found the perfect tent for backpacking. Nice colour too-rust with sage green trim.

This is the perfect one person tent in my opinion. However I should point out it is better suited for warmer times of the year, since the tent body is all mesh. A bit cold for colder months. Does not hold heat in as a result.

I know I will run the risk of being persecuted by certain people on the backpacker.com forums due to the fact I do not endorse those BIG name brands (such as Sierra Designs or Mountain Hardware for example). Let them insult me--ALPS still makes good gear. Case closed.

If you've owned or used an ALPS Mountaineering Zenith 2 AL Tent, please share your experience.