Asolo TPS 535

A few points first. I always wear all-leather, have…

Materials: leather
Use: rough trails with moderate/heavy pack
Break-in Period: 1 day
Weight: unknown
Price Paid: C$250

A few points first. I always wear all-leather, have wide feet, am not worried about the weight (those are half the weight of my Gronells). I've owned various hiking/mountaineering boots. I'm an experienced hiker. And I replaced the insoles. I wear a liner inside my hiking socks. I have a problem spot on the base of my pinky toe that usually requires to be punched out.

Now, the review. I can NOT find anything negative about them. The Asolos were perfect on a 59-km hike through steep mountains of NorthWest (I took them brand-new). Soles are comfortable but hard enough to protect your feet. Great ankle support. I walked through many bogs with gaiters, Asolos, and sno-seal. I'm considering buying another pair to keep for the future.

Love the boots. I have been backpacking and horsing…

Materials: leather
Use: from day hikes to backpacking rough terrain
Break-in Period: not very long--easy break in.
Weight: ?

Love the boots. I have been backpacking and horsing around in them for three years now. I exerienced minimal break-in and foot stress. Have one problem--the toe rubber comes apart from the boot far before the boot is worn out. I had another friend have the same problem w/these boots. If it weren't for this, I'd rate this boot a five+ for sure. It'd be cool if Asolo would remedy this problem. I'm in the market for another pair but am torn as to whether I should buy them again. I think I might--along with a big tube of super-glue.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All TPS 535 versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 14 reviews for other versions of the TPS 535. Read all reviews »

Visit Asolo's TPS 535 page.

THe Asolo TPS 535 V boot has an outsole that incorporates three shock absorbers that correspond with the areas of the foot that receive highest impact during activity. Gripped with a molded rubber outsole produced in conjunction with Vibram, the balance of the outsole has self-cleaning lugs designed for optimum performance on varying types of terrain.

- CampSaver.com

Free Shipping. Asolo Women's TPS 535 Boot FEATURES of the Asolo Women's TPS 535 Boot Upper: Water resistant full grain 2,6-2,8 mm Lining: Cambrelle Lasting Board: Asoflex 00 MR Anatomic Foootbed: Lite 2 Sole: Triple Power Structure Asolo/Vibram rubber-PU (dual-density) Fit: MM/ML Weight: 1/2 pair: 800 grams

The Asolo Women's TPS 535 Mid Weight Hiking Boot is an update to the classic 535, featuring TPS (Triple Power Structure) midsole/outsole technology to increase comfort while reducing fatigue. Classic smooth leather upper construction with TPS Vibram/Asolo rubber lugged outsole for traction. An update to the classic 535 now with TPS (Triple Power Structure) midsole/outsole technology which increases comfort while reducing fatigue.2.6/2.8 full-grain, clean, smooth leather upper.Gussetted tongue for protection.Asolo speed lacing metal hardware.Cambrelle lined.Asolo shock-absorbing anti-bacterial footbed.Aso-flex medium insole for lateral support.TPS Dual PU midsole for long lasting shock absorption.TPS Vibram/Asolo rubber lugged outsole for traction. Avg. wt. 3lbs

- Campmor

Thanks to Asolo's innovative Triple Power Structure technology, the 535 TPS hiking boots supply superb stability, shock absorption and comfort. One-piece full-grain leather uppers break in easily and are abrasion- and water-resistant. Cambrelle(R) nylon linings help keep feet cool. Foam footbeds and padded ankle collars enhance cushioning; Asoflex(R) nylon supports provide protection from sharp edges and torsional rigidity. Midsoles feature high-density and low-density polyurethane layers for increased comfort. Three separate cyclinders in the outsoles absorb shock for a dynamic walking experience. Vibram(R) rubber outsoles offer excellent all-terrain traction.