Bending Branches Impression Solo

This is a well made, eight-foot-long paddle made for…

Summary

This is a well made, eight-foot-long paddle made for solo canoeing. It is a very strongly and beautifully made paddle.

Pros

• Solid paddle that can be used to push you off in shallow waters

Cons

• Needs longer rock guards

I just finished paddling the Mississippi River from Lake Itasca and the Venice, Louisiana, in an 18-foot canoe and spent many days fighting a south wind and the waves there would sometimes be so strong they would push me back.

With my Bending Branch Solo Canoe Paddle I was able to make miles and fight my way down the Mighty Mississippi River on days I would otherwise have been wind bound and would have had to Zero Day.

It is a long enough paddle that I could sit in the middle of my 18-foot canoe and paddle and be comfortable. It's a beautiful wooden paddle that held up well on the rocks and the wing dams I encountered all the way down the Mississippi.

I was happy with its weight and how it handled and the fact that it was long enough that I could paddle hard all day.

Bending Branches Impression Solo

The Bending Branches Impression Solo is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new canoe paddle, check out the best reviewed current models.