Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL1

I motorcycle and bicycle camp, so I was looking for…

I motorcycle and bicycle camp, so I was looking for something that would pack down small with a large vestibule. The green color, all mesh tent body,  vented fly, and extremely high quality were all pluses.

This is my first tent with a side door and I like it. You don't get out of your bed by climbing over the pillow, this is much more civilized, though it does take acclimating to find the right spot sometimes because of the side door.

It's worth noting I think that the floor layout has a little outward bulge which is quite useful and BA doesn't illustrate it. I set up an MSR Hubba and it was just not big enough, but this is just right!

Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL1

The Emerald Mountain SL1 has been discontinued.

The Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL1 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 15, 2014 at Mountains Plus.

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win Therm-a-Rest Prize