Big Agnes Fishhook SL 2

I dig innovation. Always good to push the envelope.

Summary

I dig innovation. Always good to push the envelope. Like all lightweight tents the clips are delicate, and it does take more time to secure all the clips vs a zipper. But the size and weight is really nice. Two thumbs up.

Pros

• Zipperless

Cons

• Time to secure doors

Purchased my Fishhook SL 2 from HumbleOutdoors for $360, it came with a free footprint.

I used this tent for a kayak camp tent on the coast of Maine. It's very similar to my friend's Big Agnes Copper Spur. The absence of the zipper is a very nice feature. Zippers have come a long way, but they still fail.

The Fishhook set up fast and was dry for the one day we spent indoors with a cold Maine rain. It's average size for a two-man tent, so tight for two people. Many people purchase a 3-man tent for 2people, and I pondered that.

Overall , a very nice backpacking tent.