Big Agnes King Solomon 15°

Shape double
Shoulder girth 110 in / 279 cm
Hip girth 96 in / 240 cm
Foot girth 80 in / 200 cm

We like this bag. However... Don't get me wrong, we…

Price Paid: 225-ish in Canada

Summary

We like this bag. However...

Pros

• Nice double down sleeping bag
  • Works great with Big Agnes Qcore
  • Packs nice and small
  • Relatively light, considering you're not carrying two bags

Cons

• The bottom of the bag is meant for a pad
  • Could be warmer. Do not think it's a 15 degree bag

Don't get me wrong, we love this bag. It's our go-to bag and we have never taken anything else. We just found that on those cold nights—in Big Bend National Park when the temps are at 20°—it's really a very cold bag!

You MUST pair it up with two sleeping pads. We use the Big Agnes Q-Core pads and love it, although a little loud.

Overall this has been a great bag. Very comfortable, makes good use of space in our tent, packs small. We don't have to carry two bags.

We have used this probably 80 nights over the past 4 years and have never had a complaint—other than a little too cold in the seriously cold places we have gone—and we do a fair amount of cold weather camping. And on warm nights it's overkill.

If you camp with your significant other—and you want to use each other's body heat—then you will love this bag.

Thanks for sharing this review, Scott. Got any pictures to show how big this double bag is for two?

FromSagetoSnow

This is actually lighter than two sleeping bags so I may pick one up.

Scott Gleason

Alicia, I am on the road-I will grab some and post them when I get back home. :-) Jeff- Yes- we found its lighter - Packs really well in a compression bag which plays out to be about the size of a medium sleeping bag- so works well in your pack. Our real only complaint is that it could be a little warmer for those really cold nights and- we didnt realize you had to buy/use your 2 sleeping pads for it- otherwise there is no insulation on the bottom- however it slides really nicely into the spaces provided and holds them in place.

Thanks, Scott!