Big Agnes Roxy Ann 15°

The Roxy kept me warm in temperatures down to the…

Design: Mummy Rectangular
Fill: 650 fill down
Temperature Rating: 15 degrees farenheight
Weight: 2 pounds 13 ozs

The Roxy kept me warm in temperatures down to the low 20s upper 10s. I did get slightly cold around my middle, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I used a Them-a-Rest women’s air mattress, but have ordered the Big Agnes air mattress that fits the bag. The Big Agnes air mattress is also an inch thicker, which should help with the coldness I experience. Because of the way the bag is designed, the mattress doesn't slip out from under you.

I like the fact that I can sleep on my side with ease. I like the little extra room in the bag without giving up warmth. I was able to pack it down to a small size using a compression bag, not the one it comes with. I am pleased with the warmth and the packability of this sleeping bag.

I've had this bag for 4 years now and although I love…

I've had this bag for 4 years now and although I love the Big Agnes sleep system I've never been really warm in the bag. I'm a cold sleeper, which really means if I'm cold I don't sleep, so I've had many restless nights. I take a fleece liner and use an Exped Downmat 9 and I'm still cold.

Luckily I bought this bag at REI and can trade it in for a zero degree bag, which if possible will be another Big Agnes. The design is great so that's why it gets 3 stars and if you're a warm sleeper or if you're backpacking in warm weather this bag would be great for you.

I used it on a week-long trip to Havasupai in October and I was totally comfortable. Unfortunately most of my trips are in the Sierras, so I have to trade up.

If you've owned or used a Big Agnes Roxy Ann 15°, please share your experience.

Big Agnes Roxy Ann 15°