Big Agnes Two Track

This review is for the 2" thick model. It comes complete…

Price Paid: $83 + local sales tax

This review is for the 2" thick model. It comes complete with a compression sack and field patch kit.

Let me begin by saying that I received some wonderful instruction on sleeping pads and this pad specifically from the expert at my local outfitter. I'm convinced that he has just as much to do with this positive rating as does the gear, because he ensured that I had the proper piece of gear for the intended application. If the person from which you buy your gear typically knows less than you, it may serve you well to shop elsewhere.

I'm writing this after coming home from an early Spring excursion. After a pleasantly warm last two weeks of March, our long-planned overnight trip would come on the second of of two consecutive sub-freezing nights. I had never owned a ground pad before, but I knew I'd need one for that night.

As I mentioned above, I didn't really select this pad. It was presented to me as a comfortable, versatile option for multi-season camping. At 2 inches thick, it's overkill for most 3-season situations, but I'm a big guy and wanted to have something thick enough to support me on my side. I also needed thermal protection from a ground that was home to an inch of snow just the evening before.

It performed both tasks marvelously.

It gets dinged a half point simply for the inconveniences of a self-inflating sleeping pad. It must be stored inflated, which means it takes up a lot of space at home and must be sequestered from pets with curious teeth and claws. It also takes a bit of time and effort to deflate when striking camp. A small price to pay. If you're not so heavy, the 1.5" model will save you time, weight, and money.

Visit Big Agnes's Two Track page.

Big Agnes Two Track Pads are self inflating sleep pads that come in both rectangular and mummy shape and work great with Big Agnes Sleeping Bags. High density foam expands to 2 inches when you roll out the pad and open the air valve providing cushion, insulation and comfort.

- CampSaver.com

Insulate yourself from frigid ground with the Big Agnes Two Track Sleeping Pad. This two-inch thick foam/air pad features an EZ-Flate valve for easy inflation and a die-cut foam core for lightweight support.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Big Agnes Two Track Mummy Pad FEATURES of the Big Agnes Two Track Mummy Pad Light and versatile foam core pads High density foam provides greater cushion, insulation and comfort Diamond shape, die-cut foam core is supportive and light Lightweight, non-slip polyester top and bottom Estimated R-value of 5.5 Big Agnes Gyro stuff sack and repair kit included Each pad individually inflated and tested Durable inflation valve Polyester top and bottom Internal polyurethane coating High density, die-cut foam SPECIFICATIONS of the Big Agnes Two Track Mummy Pad Temperature Rating: -5deg F / -21deg C Weight: 32 oz / 907 g Dimension: 20 x 72in. / 51 x 183 cm Thickness: 2in. / 5 cm Rolled Dimension: 5 x 21in. / 13 x 53 cm R-Value: 5.5

Big Agnes Two Track Sleeping Pad Specifications Size Color Rated To Weight Price 20" x 72" x 1.5" deep blue 0 deg. 2lb 2oz $74.95 20" x 72" x 2" dark red -25 deg.

- Teton Village Sports