Really great suspension, good pack for dayhikes and…

Really great suspension, good pack for dayhikes and climbing.

• Light
  • Suspension works really well
  • H20 bladder pocket
  • External pocket gives quick access

• Expensive
  • Not waterproof

If you can find a good deal on this bag, it's a standout. This is a really great bag for city travel on foot and public transportation, as well as climbing. I've used it most often as a bag to take around the city and to the gym, and the external open pocket is where I keep smelly shoes to keep my change of clothes fresh. That outside pocket is really useful.

The suspension on this bag really is great. It feels light and mobile once it's on, and I've never been bothered by the shoulder straps or by a sweaty back. Black Diamond's reACTiv back is effective for sure. I haven't yet noticed any wear on the bag, and all the zippers and buckles work well after these past few months of use as a daypack, climbing bag and plain old luggage.

Looks cool, stays cool, lightweight and mobile; a solid backpack all around. I got the old model in large for my 6'1" height and I love it.

Great day pack. It looks awesome, and has everything…

Great day pack. It looks awesome, and has everything you want in a daypack.

• Light
  • Adjustable hip/chest straps
  • Lots of room
  • water bottle pockets on side
  • Internal pocket for Camelbak
  • Sturdy/comfy back of pack

• A little pricey
  • Hip belt runs big

Awesome pack. I use it for single day hiking trips, as well as carrying my stuff around campus.

It has a fit similar to all the other Black Diamond gear. S/M/L. It is very comfy and each shoulder strap is linked through the base so they adjust while you hike. Awesome feature.

It is very roomy with a large main compartment, pouch for a Camelbak, small zip pocket for valuables, and an outside flap for stuffing a jacket. I have not held more that 20 lbs in this pack, but all of the hikes I have gone on have been great and it distributes weight well.

I highly recommend it if it is in your price range. Plus all Black Diamond gear has a lifetime warranty.

Black Diamond Nitro

The Black Diamond Nitro is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 31, 2016 at REI.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

Backpacker's Pantry Charros Beans & Rice Review