BlueWater Ropes 10.3mm SlimLine Elite

Static Elongation 9.2%
Dynamic Elongation 33.9%
Sheath Slippage -5 mm
Sheath Mass 36%

I've been climbing about a year and have had this…

I've been climbing about a year and have had this rope for about 8 months and I'm pretty happy with it. I've mostly top roped with it but I do a lot of rappelling and I've recently got into lead climbing. I haven't taking a big lead fall on it yet but it seems pretty stretchy when I rappel or even top rope. On a 80 foot route when most of the rope is out you can really feel the stretch, more so than other ropes I have used.

This rope works great for ice climbing since it dry treated. I accidentally lowered almost the entire rope into a hole in the top of the frozen waterfall that still had flowing water in it and soaked the rope pretty good but it still handled very well and didn't seem to freeze up at all.

My only complaint is that it seems to tangle and twist a little easier than other ropes but it could just be how I handle it.

BlueWater Ropes 10.3mm SlimLine Elite

The BlueWater Ropes 10.3mm SlimLine Elite is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 21, 2015 at Bentgate.com.

If you're looking for a new dynamic rope, check out the best reviewed current models.