Brooks-Range Alpini Mountain Anorak

Outstanding product! Sizing was normal — XL fit…

Price Paid: Around $125

Summary

Outstanding product!

Pros

• Light
  • Warm
  • Very high quality workmanship

Sizing was normal — XL fit me (5'9", 215) perfect over a compression layer, light wool, and R3 fleece. I use it for winter float fly fishing (not much movement) and snowshoeing (constant movement) and the Alpini is super for both. If you're active, layer carefully as this is a warm unit.

The side zips are great, but since I don't wear a climbing harness, I'd prefer pit zips. Hand warmer muff pocket in the front lacks closures, but stays shut, works great with a chemical hand warmer. Wouldn't put my wallet in it...

Brooks Range is kind of a sleeper company, not well known, except probably to hard core folks, which I'm not. Their quality, R&D, and workmanship is off the chain. I'd buy anything they make if it fit my intended use.

If you've owned or used a Brooks-Range Alpini Mountain Anorak, please share your experience.