Brooks Cascadia 2

Excellent shoe. I typically run off path through woods…

Materials: meshy stuff
Use: trail running 3-4 miles/day
Break-in Period: none needed
Weight: Am I still wearing them?
Price Paid: 39.99 - Eastbay

Excellent shoe. I typically run off path through woods with thick roots and forest floor and I reach for these every time. I've tried them all -- Merrell, Adidas, Nike, Vasque, Izumi, TNF, Montrail, New Balance, and Salomon, but Brooks has found the perfect balance of plush but secure cushioning in the Cascadias.

They're a tad narrow but the mesh gives and breathes. Ran in a downpour today and while they were wet, they weren't soaked, and my socks and feet stayed warm in 35 degrees. They'll be dry by morning too.

As for trail debris stability, on wet roots, these roll predictably more easily than the triple density midsole bearing Vasque and Izumis. Otherwise they'd be 5 stars. Laces routinely untie every run at least 1-2x.

If only they'd add a Gore-tex layer, I'd stock pile. Still, I can't wait to see how they perform in snow.

If you've owned or used a Brooks Cascadia 2, please share your experience.

Brooks Cascadia 2

The Cascadia 2 has been discontinued.

The Brooks Cascadia 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 23, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.