CamelBak Octane XCT

Great bag for trail running. I bought this bag for…

Summary

Great bag for trail running.

Pros

• Fits well
  • Side pockets
  • Whistle
  • Waist belt and sternum strap

Cons

• Sloshing is annoying as hell
  • Bladder hose a little long
  • Side pockets are inaccessible while wearing the pack

I bought this bag for trail runs were there aren't any water sources to refill my waist bottle (w/ Steripen Adventurer). It works well, and stays put on your back but as with any bladder, it sloshes around a lot unless its full, but who wants to carry 3L of water on their back when running a 15 mile trail run climbing 6k feet of vertical... Not me.

It's made well and carries well on your back, but the sound of water sloshing around kinda ruins the silence and relaxing nature of a trail run, so I tend to leave it at home more than I thought I would. I've tried both burping the bladder to remove all excess air, as well as blowing as hard as I can into the bladder to attempt to pressurize it, and the sloshing is still bad.

I find stuffing a rain jacket into the compartment to kinda take up any extra space can reduce it a little, but only until you drink half the contents, then it's back to sloshing up and down as you run.

I love the large capacity bladder, but yet it maintains…

Summary

I love the large capacity bladder, but yet it maintains a lightweight sleek form about it. I use it during every ultra I run. I also love the detachable hose, makes for easy cleaning.

Pros

• Large bladder
  • Plenty of storage for Gu's, food, aid, etc.
  • Detachable hose for easy fill up and cleaning

Cons

• I have found no flaws

I like the weight, shape, and overall design of the pack. Plenty of internal storage and also a place to strap a jacket to on the outside. Very versatile. I can even wear it without a shirt and it doesn't rub or create any hot spots. Good, solid, affordable setup.

Visit CamelBak's Octane XCT page.

Free Shipping. CamelBak Octane XCT Hydration Pack FEATURES of the CamelBak Octane XCT Hydration Pack Ultra-light materials Safety whistle Essentials pocket Front and back reflectivity Harness: Ultra-light 3D Mesh with integrated pocket Belt: Fixed 25 mm / 1in. with cargo pockets Air Mesh Back Panel Ultra-Light 3D Mesh Harness Integrated Harness Pocket Fixed 25 mm/1in. with Cargo Pockets Front Reservoir Loading Reservoir Hanger Loop Ultra-Light Materials Bungee Attachment System Front and Back Reflectivity Safety Whistle SPECIFICATIONS of the CamelBak Octane XCT Hydration Pack Total Capacity: 210 cubic inches / 3.5 liter + 3 liter Reservoir Pack Only Weight: 11.3 oz / 0.32 kg Dimension: 17 x 24 x 4.8in. / 43 x 61 x 12 cm 70D Diamond Box Rip with DWR + 1000 mm PU

All of our Octane series packs are made from ultra-light materials so theyre good for adventure racing, trail running or XC bike riding anything where you need to move fast and minimize weight. The Octane XCT takes this approach to extremes by stripping the pack down to the basics. Inside youll find our 3 liter Antidote Reservoir, which drops in behind the back panel. Outside weve added a single vertical zip storage pocket on the front and two stash pockets on the waist belt and harness so you can keep essentials close at hand. For safety weve added reflectivity front and back and a whistle on the harness.

- Ramsey Outdoor

The Camelbak Octane XCT Hydration Pack is perfect for minimalist trail running or trail riding and includes the new Antidote Reservoir with Quick Link System.

- CampSaver.com

The streamlined CamelBak Octane XCT hydration pack with 100 fl. oz. bladder is ideal for minimalist adventure racers and fast-paced trail runners or riders who want comfort and weight savings.