CAMP Rock Star

I'd love it way more if it were more adjustable This…

Summary

I'd love it way more if it were more adjustable

Pros

• Tough shell
  • Inexpensive
  • Strong
  • Good visibility

Cons

• Runs small
  • Not overly adjustable
  • Heavy compared to similar helmets

This helmet has a killer shell, it's cheap, but it is super tight on my melon.

I bought mine online. This was my first helmet and I wanted something simple. I see a lot of these helmets on climbers, especially people who rent their gear, leading me to think they are pretty durable.  This helmet however, was a little too simple. The size large looked like a swim cap on my size 7-3/8 head. It hurt my forehead it was so tight. The straps didn't do much to adjust the position on my head either.

It's a take-it-or-leave-it affair: either it fits or it doesn't. So I gave it to my 10-year-old son and he loves it and hasn't found a way to destroy it yet, which says a lot.

We do mostly sport climbs and we occasionally head into the mountains for scrambles where loose rock is a real problem.

The closed cell foam inside is definitely durable and the shell feels like hard Tupperware and can definitely take a hit and keep on going.  I never though it had been much tested by falling rock until I examined it after our last trip and noticed several small nicks from marble and golf ball sized rocks that might have stung, were it not for the helmet.

This workhorse skid lid has NO bells or whistles but if it fits you it might just last a lifetime.

My other, more modern, helmet is much lighter and has more adjustable suspension and newer helmets are lighter still.  However if you need inexpensive coverage that allows really good visibility consider this one.

image.jpg

On the summit with his No big deal pose.  The time stamp isn't correct.  I think it was more like 10:41 AM than PM.

image.jpg

A perfect fit for a pre-teen boy

Visit CAMP's Rock Star page.

The Rock Star Helmet from C.A.M.P. is a versatile and affordable helmet that is perfect for large groups and rental programs where helmets are bound to get beat up. The durable injection-molded polyethylene shell has 4 side vents. A nylon inner suspension cradle offers fast and easy slide adjustment and is covered with a fast-drying material for comfort. The Rock Star has been upgraded with the addition of headlamp attachments.

- CampSaver.com

The CAMP Rock Star Helmet uses a simple, traditional design to provide a bomber brain bucket for climbers who don't like overly complicated tools. CAMP added a highly adjustable suspension system to let this helmet fit a wide range of head sizes with or without a beanie.

Free Shipping. Camp USA Rock Star Climbing Helmet FEATURES of the Camp USA Rock Star Climbing Helmet Hybrid construction Slider size adjustment Comfort chin strap Headlamp compatible EN 12492 certified SPECIFICATIONS of the Camp USA Rock Star Climbing Helmet Weight: 13.8 oz / 390 g Length: 20.9-23.6in. / 53-60 cm Construction: Injection Shell Material: Polypropylene ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

Simplified version of the rock solid High Star helmet.

- GearX.com