Canada Goose Resolute Parka

men's
Shell Fabric 195 gsm, Arctic-Tech 85% polyester /15% cotton blend with a DWR.
Lining Fabric 55 gsm, Nylon plain weave treated with water repellent finish.
Fill 625 fill power white duck down.

I have had the Resolute Parka for more than 15 years.

Price Paid: Long time ago

Summary

I have had the Resolute Parka for more than 15 years. I keep it up north and when I need to run out it is my go-to coat. It does have that hydro worker look to it, but it is a truly warm, well made, and functional coat.

Pros

• Warm
  • Functional
  • Well made
  • The zippers are better than other brands I have owned

Cons

• I have read people complain it is becoming overpriced and a fashion statement. I just care that it does what I bought it to do. It does that very well.

I also have the Snow Mantra —  use that for extended periods outside. I also have the Expedition (actually two as the medium I bought was a bit too big and ended being comfortable in the small). The Resolute was my first Canada Goose and I have continued to buy their products.

As for warmth) 1. Snow Mantra, 2. Resolute (not as technical but a bit longer than the Snow Mantra), 3. Expedition (not quite as warm as the other two but fits into an urban environment without you looking like just got off a utility truck to work on some downed power lines).

Now this is a parka! Long snorkel hood, trimmed with…

Fill: down

Now this is a parka!

Long snorkel hood, trimmed with Coyote fur and wire reinforced. No cheap drafty zip-off hood here! Who wants to zip the hood off their parka anyway?
Down filled draft flap, big inside pockets with two little pockets for hand warmers.

Nice big D-rings on the front for carrying extra equipment. Three haul loops (one on each shoulder and one center back). Long cuffs that bellow with the sleeves.

This parka was designed by someone who worked outside in extreme cold. And this parka is warm. Worked outside for 4 hours in -48 with wind chill and I was very comfortable.

Downside?
The neck could be a bit bigger but I have a pretty large neck.

This is the best parka money can buy if you need to be outside in the extreme cold. I live in Saskatchewan and it can be life-threatening cold here.

Highly recommended.

When I bought it in the previous millennium it was…

When I bought it in the previous millennium it was advertised as the best parka in the world, and the only one that Canada Goose (then Snow Goose of Canada) made.

I believe it. I've worked outside in the arctic and Northern Ontario at -50C and was warm as toast. It (and I) have survived blizzards, ice storms and unseasonal rain. A friend's gloves fell out of his pockets, my spares attached to the d-rings saved his hands when the temperature plummeted.

The only maintenance I've given it is a sponge wipe with soapy water. That's all it ever needed. My only problem is deciding who will inherit it when I kick the snow bucket.

Today it's regarded as the second best, next to the Snow Mantra (also by GC).