Clark NX-250

Best all weather hammock you can buy. Honest. I own…

Summary

Best all weather hammock you can buy. Honest. I own one. Best ever. Bought the NX-250. 439 bucks for a hammock? Are you kidding me? Worth every penny!

Pros

• Setup
  • Stability
  • 4-season
  • Comfort
  • Take down
  • Made well
  • Your friends will be envious

Cons

• Price ....but worth it

Researched for two months. Decided this was the one for me. Still reluctant I called Clark and the guy I talked to answered every question and concern. 439 bucks later.... I would do it all over again. Have tested it 4 times and love it. Looking forward to my winter camping trips.

As of right now I will never use a tent. It's expensive ... price does not include a/c for summer ... but worth it!

*UPDATE 9/13*
Went on a two-day flying/camping trip out in the Sawtooth mountain range in central Idaho. We stayed a total of 3 days and 2 nights.

During the first night it was only supposed to get as low as 42 degrees. Yeah that didn't happen. Woke up to frost and a very cold temperature of 28-32 degrees at the lowest points.

Clark states the NX series with the under pocket system is good down to 32 degree's with a decent bag.

I would say this is mostly true.

My setup consisted of a

It wasn't very cold at night and I thought maybe since the Lamina was so warm I'd be good in a pair of boxers. Yeah my stupidity there :)

So the next morning we flew out to Mcall to pick a few things up. I ended up buying some cheap little 40 degree bag for 30 bucks.

What a game changer! The next night my system consisted of a pair of light sleep pants, my cheap 30 dollar bag under my body inside hammock, my Lamina on top of it with me in it and I slept as snug as a bug. I was very warm and not once uncomfortable. Slept through the entire night and woke up very rested and happy.

I know the cost of an underquilt is a big setback for cold weather hammock camping, but if you have an extra sleeping bag laying around, try just using it as a base layer inside the hammock and you should probably be very comfortable.

All in all I was very happy with another experience in my NX-250 and would not hesitate to buy one again.

G00SE

I have a buddy who hangs in a Clark. I someday hope to own one of my own.

If you've owned or used a Clark NX-250, please share your experience.

Clark NX-250

The Clark NX-250 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hammock, check out the best reviewed current models.

Type Solo